+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1581Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

My brother called me tonight and let me know my SIL is having surgery tomorrow. This is very sudden and she is in a lot of pain. Hopefully it all goes well. I don't know what is wrong exactly as my brother is confused, stressed and lacking in sleep. My Mum will update me soon I am sure.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    To Veruka and JLuvs...lots of to both of you....please be sure and keep us updated....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

misskitty, that is awful news.

JLuvs, I hope your SIL will be okay.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2234873;
    misskitty, that is awful news.
    I know. I don't know if I should speak to the family. I know the child's mother, grandmother, uncle, aunt? What could I say? I knew the nephew when he was about 13-16. He was troubled then but the family didn't figure out why. I always suspected he was dyslexic, deaf, couldn't read; something that made him angry in school by grade 8. His mother never married his father who was a no-good so and so. At 16 he chose to live with his father. The courts let him. Unfortunately I believe the nephew was abused and this is learned behavior. I hope he gets help in prison, not just time. His family really kinda disowned him and left him with kids from juvenile detention. He's been on the street since. Sad. Because I don't think it should have gone this way.

JLuvs: I hope your sister's surgery goes well and she recovers quickly. Men don't usually do well in hospital situations. I'm glad your Mom is there to support him and keep you updated.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

JLuvs, your SIL is in my thoughts.

Jluvs - I hope your sister-in-law is alright.

Misskitty - What a troubling thing to find out about on t.v.! Maybe just a brief note and let it go at that.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Thanks for all the good wishes for my SIL.

She is in surgery right now. My Mum isn't up there, but she knows medical stuff, as she is a doctor and a nurse...so I count on her to keep me less panicky. Apparently her gall bladder is in very bad shape and they are not sure exactly what is going to be done. Depends on how bad it actually is once they are in there.

Luckily my nephews didn't fuss too much about not having breast milk last night, as my brother was very worried about that, and the three of them seem to be keeping him on his toes and occupied so he doesn't freak out.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

My grandmother died this morning. She was my dad's mom. It wasn't a surprise to us, as she'd been dying for almost a year now. She was in a lot of pain and out of her mind the past few weeks, so by the time it happened, it felt more like a relief than anything else. I feel sort of numb about it. I guess that's normal when someone has been dying for awhile. It's almost like the mourning has passed by the time the person actually dies. So anyway, I'm at peace with it. I'll sure miss her, though. I grew up living next door to her and my grandfather (who passed over ten years ago).
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Stargazer -my thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

My condolences to you and your family Star.

+ Reply to Thread