+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849891395391039 ... LastLast
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I knew Jewels would scold me for that I am trying to not think about it so much now, cause it really scares me to think of the 'what ifs' But I am trying to pick apart what I can do different next time. Thanks for all the comments everyone, its nice to hear.

Short Update

It was confirmed this morning that the lump found on my friends Mum's breast is cancerous. They are doing two more biopsy this week before setting up a course of treatment. So if you could send her some good thoughts that would be great.

The one really great thing out of this is that he is now attempting to stop smoking. He smokes like a chimney but the last three days he has only smoked 6 cigarettes. Very cranky, but I am glad he stopped.

The other situations haven't really changed but I am going to see my friend Lisa who has cancer this weekend and then I will let you know what is up.

Thanks for all the support --- it means a lot.

Joelle
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    My thoughts and prayers are with all of you, your families and friends. If anyone ever needs to talk, I am only a pm away.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar

Deaths

I'm a little upset right now because my grandma died last Friday.
    Last edited by free2b_a_skwerl; 12-08-2004 at 03:39 PM.
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt by a tumbleweed!

We have whole thread for just that, called "talk about your troubles", check down the thread list a bit.

Sorry about your loss, though.
    Last edited by Texicana; 12-08-2004 at 03:47 PM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Dear Free2b~ I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa. I know losing a loved one is the most hardest thing to deal with. I lost my father six years ago, after a battle of kidney problems. He was on a kidney dialysis machine the last six years of his life. He was only 55 when he passed away. He was my life, and no matter how sick he was, I was never prepared to accept his death or to let him go. Even though that was six years ago, there are still days that I have a hard time coping with his death. Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays seem to be the hardest, than his birthday and anniversary date of his death. The only thing that has kept me strong is prayer. If you ever need a friend to chat with, feel free to pm me. God Bless You and your family.

Insane Squirrel free2b_a_skwerl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Dear Free2b~ I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa. I know losing a loved one is the most hardest thing to deal with. I lost my father six years ago, after a battle of kidney problems. He was on a kidney dialysis machine the last six years of his life. He was only 55 when he passed away. He was my life, and no matter how sick he was, I was never prepared to accept his death or to let him go. Even though that was six years ago, there are still days that I have a hard time coping with his death. Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays seem to be the hardest, than his birthday and anniversary date of his death. The only thing that has kept me strong is prayer. If you ever need a friend to chat with, feel free to pm me. God Bless You and your family.
    Thank you for your story, and I'll pm you sometime.
    It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt by a tumbleweed!

*hugs* to all of you going through some rough times, I wish you all the best. And like Combat said, I am only a PM away too

I'm sorry to hear so many of our members are grieving at this time. My thoughts are prayers are with all of you who have suffered a loss or have someone ill.

Here's my latest. In October I bought a 2nd practice to merge with my 1st that I bought in January. I am a realitively new dentist so the debt of student loans, home mortage, 2 practice merging into one has been overwhelming to say the least. I'm also not money crazed therefore I tend to not charge patients for a lot of things I should. I've been told I have too big of a heart. Well, when we merged I tried to go from 3 full-time employees to 5 full-time and 2 part-time. I haven't taken a pay check in months b/c I wanted to try to keep everyone. Well, I finally woke up and realized I would loose everything if I didn't do something fast. I was way too overstaffed. Last Friday I laid off 2 of the full-timers and the 2 part-timers. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Especially with Christmas around the corner. I didn't have a choice. I don't have a husband to help support me over the rough times.

To top Friday off, I woke up with the runs. I figured it was b/c of the stress I had been under. I was also so upset to have to let go people I care about. Well, without getting too graphic, I started passing blood. This lasted until Sunday. Since I am already a cancer survivor (rare form and unrelated) I ran to the MD. I will be having a colonoscopy on Dec 27th. It's probably nothing, but we don't want to take a chance.

Thanks for listening.

toothdoc

Sounds like a lot of problems TD - I'm actually hoping this is all just stress related for you - it can do a lot of weird things to our bodies.

Meanwhile you are in my prayers and I hope it all works out. Putting yourself out of business would do no good for anyone - including ALL your staff.

+ Reply to Thread