+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1980Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

If I was closer I'd come and have tea with you, and call a contractor hmmm maybe a job for Holmes on Homes?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2232248;
    If I was closer I'd come and have tea with you, and call a contractor hmmm maybe a job for Holmes on Homes?
    Yes!! That would be so fun. We could have tea and cookies and look at my bathtub from the dining room! You could bring Joey and he and Mr. Tootles could disappear for awhile investigating the hidden tunnels between my walls. I'll have to tell my Dad what happened. I thought I'd give him a break today. He won't be impressed. Dad has the shop vac that I need.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Oh misskitty! What a mess. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall, though, when you were making all your unusual discoveries. What a story. The only advice I have is that if you don't already have compact florescent lighting (CFL) this is not the time to get it. After a discussion thread on Current Events I went out and got two for the lights in the bathroom and the porch that stay on for long periods of time. Now my years of nonchalant cleaning are GLARINGLY exposed in the bathroom. *sigh* I already cleaned the sink with an old toothbrush this morning and will undoubtedly feel the need for a more thorough top to bottom at some point.
    Count your blessings!

Sounds like a good time to get a whole new kitchen, misskitty. Any excuse will do! We had a Super Bowl party at our house. I kept telling everyone to feel free to spill stuff on the carpet, because ours are very old and I'm trying to talk my husband into getting hardwood floors. The carpets are really nasty; we've cleaned them and cleaned them, but they're just OLD! Unfortunately, everyone was very neat.

FORT Fogey
    Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. My mom and dad are meeting today with a case worker at the hospital who will talk to them about the next steps. My mom doesn't seem to think that home health care is an option, but we'll see. When my mom is dismissing it, I think she may be thinking of someone coming in once or twice a day. But I have an great aunt and uncle who had full day care with a home nurse. It feels like to me, that may be a solution here. So I told my mom yesterday to call my cousin who handled the care for my great and and uncle for advice -- my hope was that in doing so, she'd be able to tell my mom about the variations of home health care.

Right now, they're still working on getting my grandmother's vitals stablized, so I know that my immediate prayers need to be focused on her healing. Thank you all again for the support!

I hope everything works out, Veruka. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Veruka, I hope things turn out well with your grandmother. There seem to be so many options these days. I'm sure your family will be able to find the solution that's best for everyone.

FORT Fogey
    My dad just called me with another update on my grandmother. The doctors discovered today that her abdomen was extremely sensitive, and that has led to a diagnosis that what she is facing is septic shock. Right now, they are preparing her for an abdomnal scan, and most likely exploratory surgery to figure out what is causing the septic shock. If it is something simple, God willing, they will repair it, and things will be okay -- including it not being necessary for her to move to a nursing hom.e But if it is not something simple, or something that can be repaired, this will lead to death. To say that these next few hours will be some of the most troubling I've faced in a very long time is an understatement. There are those times in prayer where you are asking for God's will to be done - having no idea what that is - and being so scared and so comforted at the same time that it is in His hands ... those times where saying "Thy will be done" does nothing but make you cry ... this is one of those times for me. So any of you who believe in the power of prayer, as I do, if you could send one up on behalf of my grandmother, and the doctors and nurses who will be caring for her, I'd be eternally appreciative.

Good luck for your grandmother, Veruka. I hope everything turns out okay.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Good luck to you and your family, Veruka.

+ Reply to Thread