+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Veruka, My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Veruka. She sounds like a strong, spunky woman...probably a fighter . That will stand her in good stead. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and good wishes are sent to you and your family.

Veruka, good luck.

Veruka, I hope your grandmother recovers and that your family will be able to find a care facility where she will feel comfortable and still have a feeling of some independence.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Veruka, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I was away from fort for awhile and just want to give some belated sympathy, prayers and hugs for everyone here - MissKitty, Gabriel, Combatcutie, NLMCP and everyone else who posted while I was out. Veruka, I hope everything works out for your grandmother. Myrosiedog, while I know you haven't posted here lately, I hope you feel better soon.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 02-06-2007 at 06:00 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Veruka - any chance she could stay where she is with a visiting nurse or some such assistant?
    Count your blessings!

Veruka,

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that she bounces back to her usual self. I know how hard it can be. My grandmother fell down some stairs this summer and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital when we were on vacation. It was really scary.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Veruka, could she have a home health nurse see her while staying where she is? Hope she's feeling better soon.

ETA: I see Gut already asked this question.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

combatcutie: I am so sorry that it has come to that with your sister. But I am glad that you are continuing to be supportive to your dear nephew and godson.

nlmcp: Oooo. That's a big car bill. More like a mortgage payment! What kind of car do you drive?

Veruka: I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope that you are able to find something that is beneficial for her care and works out to her liking. My grandmother fell in her home and ended up in hospital. She had to go straight to a nursing home from there. Which was difficult as she was 95 and in her own home still. I'm glad your grandmother was in an assisted care facility she liked. It will be an easier adjustment and maybe she can still remain where she is happy. I hope it all works out for you and your family.

----------------

Well, yesterday my BIL and sister came over and we decided to unhook and pull out my old dishwasher. It doesn't really work and I'm looking for new one. My old one is 33". The new ones are all 34". We needed to pull the old machine out to really know if the counter top must be raised. We discover the feet have been chopped off of the dishwasher. And it is bolted to the hardwood floor incorrectly. They have taken out supporting beams for the countertop. It's actually "floating" on that end.

Well, lo and behold we got yet another surprise of a lifetime. After having to literally tear off the dishwasher door (forget about donating it now), my BIL started to pull out in the space near the top what was supposed to be soundproof material. He pulled out a men's sweater: Navy and brown. WTH? Then he reached in and pulled out another men's sweater; grey. Then another. And a hand-knit vest. And another piece of fabric. We went from shock and disbelief to absolutely rolling on the floor. I can't believe what these previous owners did. It could have caught fire!!!

Then finally, after a lot of work, we got the entire machine out only to discover they had taken out the back wall and I now have a lovely view of my bathtub through the kitchen. (it the room on the other side of the wall). What.a.freakin.mess.

I was hoping to find a little metal box with some old and valuable share certificates in it. No luck. Now I have a huge mess to clean up and a wall to build before I can even think of a dishwasher. Yikes!

Oh, and it's temporarily blocked with a piece of plywood because Mr. Tootles just has to get in and check everything, particulary to get under the tub. I need a shop vac. And a home improvement loan.
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-06-2007 at 09:24 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread