+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2014Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey
    Wow, I hadn't been in here in a while and I am so sorry to read about the troubles that you guys are experiencing these days.

combatcutie, I'm so sorry and I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. That's such a terrible struggle for people to experience but I have some old friends who are psychologists and both have told me -- separately -- that they've seen people recover from that kind of deep depression. I am hopeful that your family will experience some healing.

On an unrelated note, I'm glad to see your wedding avvie with Sam in it!!

misskitty, gabriel, and myrosiedog, I hope things are slowly but surely getting better for you. We're all here for you, and even though I seem to "read" more than I "post" these days (due to my hectic schedule) I'm here for you guys, so let me know.

queenb, HOW ARE YOU?? I hope the motor vehicles are all doing well down there in your neck of the woods. Hmmm. Maybe I'll go to Google Earth and see how that little red truck of yours looks in the driveway these days!! Let me know how you want your lobsters sent!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2229205;
    She may just be overwhelmed. She will need time, as will your nephew and your family and friends alike. Prayers for clarity and breakthroughs.
    No misskitty, she is a self absorbed, self centered b**ch. I honestly can say that she is the reason for her son's attempt at suicide. And as of yesterday, I no longer have a sister. I am done with her and her attitude. SHE is the reason for all of this
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Combat
    I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. Just hang in there for your nephew. He needs all the love and support he can get at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2229886;
    Combat
    I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. Just hang in there for your nephew. He needs all the love and support he can get at this point.
    Oh believe me DesertRose, I will not turn my back on him. But as of now, I want nothing to do with his mother
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wow, sorry to read about everyone's troubles.

Mine is a minor one. My car after having $500 in repairs at Thanksgiving, needs $1,200 today. I'm trying to get ahead and get my credit card bill paid off but that isn't going to happen now that I think I have to put the whole bill on my credit card.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    combatcutie, sounds like you need a hug...Here's one just for you.... ..........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2230106;
    combatcutie, sounds like you need a hug...Here's one just for you.... ..........
    Thanks sweetie. I really do. My sister is just being a complete jerk about this whole thing. I called to ask her what medicine they had my nephew on and she told my mother to tell me it was none of my f***ing business. WTF????? the kid is not only my nephew, but both mine and my husband's godchild. He means the world to me. And I thought that I would do the research on the medicine as I know her head isn't in the right spot. Not to mention, I have a friend who works in a hospital and told me she would help us out with anything we need. I just don't get why my sister has to be so hurtful. But, I've made the decision that I am no longer going to allow her to hurt me. If my parents want to put up with that crap, they could. I will never turn my back on the kids, but I no longer want anything to do with her

Wow CC...I am so sorry you are dealing with this stuff. Having had first hand dealings with a teenager coping with depression, it is really difficult to know what to do. I hope things turn out alright, and know that there are many of us out here in the big world praying for you.

FORT Fogey
    I am having one of those days that calls out for this thread.

Ever since Christmas, my grandmother has been having some health problems, the most significant being a mini-stroke she suffered from about a month ago. She's had her ups and downs, and recently my family has been worrying that it's been a lot of downs. Shortly after I got to work this morning, my mom called to tell me that my grandmother had collapsed this morning, and was being taken to the hospital. Fortunately, my mom had to call to wake her up this morning (woke her up without a problem) and then called her back about a half hour later to make sure she'd gotten up, but there was no answer. So my mom called a neighbor who went over with a key, and my brother-in-law who lives near by. They went in and found her, and called the paramedics.

My mom just called with another update. My grandmother is admitted to the hospital now, in ICU (three scary letters). The doctor taking care of her said that he fully expects her to bounce back from this, but that this episode indicates that she is no longer capable of living independently on her own. So it looks like they are going to have to have the nursing home talk with her this week. My grandmother is such an independent, spunky woman that it breaks my heart to think she may have to go through that. She moved just a few years ago to the place where she is living now (an "active adult" community, so it's not assisted living, but is geared towards retirees) and absolutely fell in love with the place. Being in that environment changed her into a new and vibrant woman. I hate to think that after all of this, she may have to leave the place that makes her so happy.

Veruka, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with her, you, and the family as she has a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

+ Reply to Thread