+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

CC, what an horrible situation for all involved. I imagine that your nephew will have to go to counseling and probably your sister will have to join him at one point. That might make her realize that what she is doing is hurting her boy. I am happy that he is open and honest with everyone. I wish you all the strength for the long road ahead.
    Last edited by DesertRose; 02-01-2007 at 09:27 AM. Reason: ETA: I posted at the same time as Scout mom. Sorry if this is basically a repeat of her post.

Combatcutie - Is there anyway you can get to the counselors to let them know what your sister is doing?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2223429;
    Combatcutie - Is there anyway you can get to the counselors to let them know what your sister is doing?
    I'm hoping that when he has his "family" counseling session tomorrow with my sister he will say something. He has been open and honest with them and I hope he continues. I hope he feels safe enough to say something. I don't know if I will be involved in any of these sessions. I know I can't make tomorrow's if they want me to. I have my own doctor's appointment that I must attend.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

CC, Thank God he's ok. I hope he get good counselling, and maybe your sister needs some good counselling too.

Combatcutie - Major hugs and prayers are being sent for you, your nephew, sister, and family. I am so glad that he is o.k., and hope that he will be open and honest with his mom. I echo what gabriel said - is there any way that you can talk to his counselor? Even though he might feel safe enough to tell his counselor everything, perhaps having a different perspective to validate what he is saying would help them in dealing with the situation and perhaps in knowing how to help your sister as well.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

combatcutie: I'm glad that discussions appear to be going well. Psychiatrists and counsellors do a lot of talking with their patients about every part of their life. To try to get to the root of the problem. So I would imagine, at some point, your sister's actions or reactions to her fiance's death will come about as your nephew has been affected directly by this too. She may need personal counselling at this time if she hasn't had any. And I would think that family meetings would also be helpful.

It's a good start. Sometimes these things take a while to sort out. Realize you are a very big help to your nephew and your sister in whatever you choose to do.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2223527;
    I'm hoping that when he has his "family" counseling session tomorrow with my sister he will say something. He has been open and honest with them and I hope he continues. I hope he feels safe enough to say something. I don't know if I will be involved in any of these sessions. I know I can't make tomorrow's if they want me to. I have my own doctor's appointment that I must attend.
    Yay! That's such a wonderful start. If he wasn't willing to talk, that would be harder to help him. I hope your sister changes her mind and realizes that she needs to get help, too--if not for her sake, then her son's. Wishing the best thoughts for his recovery...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2225178;
    Yay! That's such a wonderful start. If he wasn't willing to talk, that would be harder to help him. I hope your sister changes her mind and realizes that she needs to get help, too--if not for her sake, then her son's. Wishing the best thoughts for his recovery...

The thing is, she IS going for help to get over fiance's death. But she refuses to see what she is doing is wrong.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I don't have a lot of time. But I wanted to let all of you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Big kitty hugs to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2225250;
    The thing is, she IS going for help to get over fiance's death. But she refuses to see what she is doing is wrong.
    She may just be overwhelmed. She will need time, as will your nephew and your family and friends alike. Prayers for clarity and breakthroughs.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread