+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

This board is not having a good day. Thoughts and prayers with you Combatcutie and MissKitty.

Thoughts and prayers to all our FORT friends who are fielding sorrows today.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2221801;
    [my nephew]... tried to commit suicide last night. Luckily for him, his friend was there when the belt broke (don't ask me why the friend didn't go and get my parents or my sister) and was able to get it off him and shake him back to conciousness. Now he is in the adolescent psychiatric ward at a hospital about 40 minutes from me (20 from my sister). He is on 24 hour suicide watch. He can't have any visitors today and I'm not sure I will be able to get in at all. It may just be his mother.
    Oh my goodness, combatcutie! That is very tragic news about your nephew. I'm so very glad he was found in time and he is on watch at the hospital. They will be able to help him through this with counselling and support. From my experience, they only let one person visit at a time, and only immediate family, for the first few days. The medical personnel in suicide units are very, very good at what they do. I am glad your nephew is in good care and safe at the moment.

Make sure that you, your sister, and your Mom and family continue to take care of yourselves during this time. Your nephew does and will need you there for him.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Combatcutie, your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I Is Stephanie
    Oh, this day is just too much for my young brain to comprehend!

Combatcutie, you'll tell us when he improves?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Misskitty, I wish you and your boyfriend all the best.

combatcutie, oh dear! Your family is in my prayers. There is support here for you as you support your sister and nephew.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    So much sadness going around for my fellow FORT friends!! My heart aches for each of you that are going through troubling times and hope that each of you know how many people across this vast internet space are sending prayers and good wishes to each of you!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Thank you everyone who has commented here and sent lovely pms my way. This truly is a place full of the best and most caring people. You guys have made this a little easier for me by just being here for me. Thank you once again.

I spoke with my sister last night and she said the counselors said he is doing very good. He is co-operating and taking part in everything they ask him to. He is being open and honest with everyone. The only thing that bothers me is that my sister REFUSES to say that any of this is her fault. She keeps saying the he feels neglected because his baby sister takes up so much of her time. Ummmm....NO!! She is too concerned with going out and "making an offering" to the saints to get over fiance's death. I understand completely that she misses him. BUT she is not the only one that lost him. Her son, who is 12, lost a father and needs her. But she is too interested in partying. If it wasn't for my parents taking care of that baby 99% of the time, my nephew would be stuck watching her. Sorry to get off track here....

Again, thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words. It really means a lot to me that I can count on you guys for support
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm glad your nephew is doing well and that he's getting the help he needs. Maybe this will result in some family counseling and your sister will realize how her actions affect everyone else. Your nephew is very fortunate that you're there and understands what's going on in his life.

+ Reply to Thread