+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2221223;
    I just know we should probably take this to another thread, but I *ahem* knew "someone" who wore them on a Park Service bus with no restroom on an 8 hour tour to the back of Denali National Park. Now, you could get off anywhere, but then you had to wait for a bus with empty seats to come by, and most seats are taken. Of course, the bus did make a couple of ten minute potty stops, but the information given out ahead of time didn't make it look that way. At least to "some people".
    Good to know! About the bus trip, not the diapers. We're talking about going to Alaska this summer, and going to Denali. We're not the types to balk at peeing in the woods, though.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2221231;
    My sweetie's Dad has taken another turn for the worst. He is back on IV and the family has been asked to revisit their choice of care at this time. Whether they want his Dad's care to remain at a level 2 where he goes to hospital or level 3 where he is made comfortable during his remaining days. His family has never dealt with a death and this is all very new to them. I am being as supportive as I can at this time. I wish I could do more.
    misskitty - I am sure your sweetie & family appreciate your care and support. I'll be keeping Dad in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2221491;
    misskitty - I am sure your sweetie & family appreciate your care and support. I'll be keeping Dad in my prayers.
    Thank you dear one

I just heard from my girlfriend in Manitoba that her uncle passed away last night very suddenly and unexpected.

And my other girlfriend is caring for a friend who is struggling with her battle with cancer. Also, that friend's godfather, who she is very close to, is not doing well either. Her mother just passed before Christmas.

I'm becoming afraid to answer my phone and check my e-mail.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2221231;
    My sweetie's Dad has taken another turn for the worst. He is back on IV and the family has been asked to revisit their choice of care at this time. Whether they want his Dad's care to remain at a level 2 where he goes to hospital or level 3 where he is made comfortable during his remaining days. His family has never dealt with a death and this is all very new to them. I am being as supportive as I can at this time. I wish I could do more.
    You are doing so much for them just by being supportive. My thoughts and prayers to your sweetie & his family with thoughts that they make the unselfish decision to do what is best for his Dad.

My thoughts are with you, misskitty, through this very difficult time.

MRD
    Miss Kitty,

I know how you feel about answering the phone. I went through that last year.
    But know that those you care about are being prayed for as are you. You take care of yourself so you can help the others when the time comes.
    Hugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    miss kitty, I'm sorry your sweetie's father has taken a turn for the worse. I know that you are being a great help to them just by being supportive. Hang in there.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    miss kitty, sorry your father has taken a turn for the worse. Your family is in my prayers

Most of you know that my sister's fiance committed suicide about 4 months ago. Well, last night my mother called me about 8:50 bawling hysterical. I asked her what was wrong and she said she'd call me when American Idol was over. I didn't think anything of it, just assumed her and my sister got into another fight. Well I was getting ready for bed and my phone rang at 9:45. It was my sister asking me to come sit with my mother because she had to take my nephew to the hospital. I asked what was wrong. He tried to commit suicide last night. Luckily for him, his friend was there when the belt broke (don't ask me why the friend didn't go and get my parents or my sister) and was able to get it off him and shake him back to conciousness. Now he is in the adolescent psychiatric ward at a hospital about 40 minutes from me (20 from my sister). He is on 24 hour suicide watch. He can't have any visitors today and I'm not sure I will be able to get in at all. It may just be his mother.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    combatcutie, my deepest condolences. I hope he gets well.

Combatcutie, that is awful news. I hope he gets the help he needs.

+ Reply to Thread