+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748881385381038 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    Well hm.. I grandfather died December 1, 2004....this just sucks. thought i was going to spend christmas with him... But i can't now...
    Oh Dj, I am so so sorry to hear about your Grandma. It makes me feel silly talking about my problems. I lost my dad at Thanksgiving, and my mom at mothers day. It is something that only time and a lot of support from friends and family will get you through. You have alot of people here thinking and praying for you. Please take care and I know even though I am new here you can pm me anytime. I really am a good listener, and I'm not a kid either. I been around the block a time or ten, so maybe it's my turn to be there for someone, I have been blessed to have so many there for me. Please know you are in my prayers, along with the rest of your family.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    I'm really sorry DJ and JLuv. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

My problems are practically nothing compared to some of you. But I've been really stressed lately. My literature teacher has been assigning so many projects lately, like a mobile with symbols of freedom, a paper about an heirloom we have (which a lot of people don't have and had to make it up), and an Indian costume made out of newspaper. On top of that, we're dealing with a lot of stuff that has to do with confirmation, high school applications and essays, and social studies outlining. And I'm trying to catch up with some stuff right now because we took a long weekend to go to LA. And I got a 70% on test on Johnny Tremain because with all the other stuff going on, I forgot to read the chapters we were supposed to read. So I'm just really stressed right now, and that's why I'm not online as often anymore.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    This thread is very very touching, and I am glad that one can tell about the bad things that happen in their lives, and a bunch of e-strangers can come along and offer support, love and friendship for those in need. The FORT is really a great site to be part of--and I am glad we have all found each other.

The following is a poem that I read at my grandmothers funeral 2 years ago. She was my light, my hope and an inspiration. I am still missing her, and the holidays just reinforce how much she brought our family together. Holidays are not the same and it is just sad that she is no longer around. I need her, and I love her. This poem brings me some comfort, because she is now with others who loved and missed her as well. I know she is around me and is still looking out for me. For those who have felt loss, I hope this poem brings you some comfort. This poem is what your loved one would say to you, if they had the chance....

http://www.netpoets.com/poems/death/0786001.htm

I Want You To Know
    by Angela
    A brief moment of darkness
    was all that I knew,
    before Heaven's Gate
    came into my view.

Loved ones and friends
    I had missed for many years,
    welcomed me with open arms
    and many happy tears.

All the hurt, fear and pain
    that I have ever known,
    is gone from my life,
    I am finally home.

I gazed upon the Lord's
    sweet smiling face,
    and for the first time in my life
    I knew and felt His grace.

I know that you miss me,
    but please dry your eyes.
    I will always be watching and loving you
    from my home in the sky.

A cool breeze on your face,
    a touch of light rain,
    I will send as a reminder
    that we will be reunited again.

Life on earth is but one
    brief moment in time,
    I am finally home,
    Eternity is mine.

I just had a really scary "accident" this morning on my way to work. It was the first snowfall of the season here and all roads were clear but one road I take on my way into work. I take a back road on the flats into work because its quicker. I was going to take the main route but didn't think the snow was sticking and every other area was just wet. So I took it. But when I got past basically the point of no return I saw the road was covered in snow. I slowed right down and still never felt safe so I thought I would slow down even more. Right when I thought that I either hit ice or something, never really checked, and started to slide, basically everything is a blur now but all I remember is looking about 10 feet down into the ditch and farmland thinking "that's where I am going." There was no question in my mind. But somehow I managed to stop literally inches from going over the embankment. My car was leaning to the right and I thought one wrong move would push it over.

I turned off my stereo, put on my 4 ways and turned the key off. I was afraid if I got out too fast I would tip the car. I slowly got out and just thought of calling my house or the operator to get a tow truck when I saw another car coming. It was 5:45am and still dark out, so I thought either this car was going to do the same thing I did and hit me, drive by, or just plain hit me. So I got off the road and waved them down. Luckily it was a guy from my work and he drove me to work where I could call my parents and get them to go through BCAA to get my car towed out with no charge. Later I was told the RCMP got my car towed because it was a "hazard" and charged me a good amount of money for it when the other tow truck was only 5 minutes away. Also something is wrong with the steering/wheel and I have to pay to get that fixed.

The only thing keeping me from being really pissed off right now is knowing it could have been a hell of a lot worse. The ditches were dug a few weeks ago because this is flooding season down there and it was full of water. So if I fell into it, I don't even want to think of what could have happened. Plus the damage to the car and myself. I was literally inches from being over the bank and that scared me the most. I worked all day today still but forgot to clock in So I need to make sure I get paid for it. All in all, it was damn scary and hopefully smartens me up as a driver.

Clipse, I'm glad you made it through that okay. Sounds awfully scary.

*hugs Clipse really hard* Glad you're alright and still here with us. That's the most important. Sorry about the accident though but like you said it could've been much worse.

Reminded me of my accident in 1999 when I missed a hydro pole by 2 mm and smashed into a parked car which saved me from smashing into an apartment building.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    All in all, it was damn scary and hopefully smartens me up as a driver.
    Astute observation young man.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Oh Clipsey Punkin I'm so glad you're okay.
    Haven't Unk and I talked to you about being more careful. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Haven't Unk and I talked to you about being more careful. :nono
    Damn kids nowadays. Won't listen to anybody. Gotta learn the hard way. That'll teach the little whippersnapper.

Clipse... I'm just so glad you're okay.
    Never scare me like that again, young man!

+ Reply to Thread