+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Something will come through for you ACF. Keep us posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

ACF,

Can you take an Excel class or teach it to yourself online or from the manual? If not being proficient in Excel and being honest about it is getting you screened out before you make the initial cut and get a chance to interview, why not knock that obstacle out of the way? You can emphasize in interviews that you took the initiative to learn it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Actually I've taken some Excel workshops that were offered free while I was in college and I have a quick reference user manual but I never use Excel so I don't retain the info. I can say I'm familiar with it but unless I'm using it frequently I can't say I'm proficient. I do have it on my computer so I guess I could play around with it.

ACF, I feel your pain. My fiance is currently looking for work and having been in a specific field for nearly 20 years, he is finding it very difficult to branch out and make any money at a job at all because he has no skills in other fields. Keep us all posted!
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    ArchieComic Fan, I wish you good luck in finding a great job this year!

ARC; Sending great energy for you to hook up with a great job soon! It's good you are investigating things and know where you may have to upgrade. I hope things look up for you soon enough!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

An Update on my Grandma

Well, my uncle got the tests results and my grandma has dimentia. She doesnt remember passing out twice the day after Christmas. And my ucnle said when the doctors were talking to her that day, she couldnt remember even remember her kid's names. This honestly isnt any real big surprise for my family, as we have been noticing her being really forgetful about simple things for more than 6 months. She's really been going downhill since my grandpa died 2 years ago.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    SuperBrat...I'm sorry to hear that about your grandma but now that you actually know what it is, you can get the advice and help on what the next step needs to be and how to help make your grandma more comfortable...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    SuperBrat, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

How do you handle often compared to your sister and being looked down for that?

+ Reply to Thread