+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Awww... I'm picturing this gabriel, and it's all kinds of sweet.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Oh Gabriel, I can just imagine because I can't stand to leave my pets at the vets even to get their teeth cleaned.
    You are a very loving dad to do that for Joey.

Mine were so terrified last night of the fireworks, that even after medicating them, I held Rosie who normally does NOT want to be held (she hides, Bogie wants in your arms. Literally held in your arms). He was ok, she wanted to be held and that is how we fell asleep last night. In bed, with her in my arms clutched against my chest. My pets are just as important to me as my daughter is and had my daughter let me, I would have fallen asleep with her clutched in my arms. But at 15, she no longer wants mom to do that anymore, even when sick.

She got up and actually was able to eat some black eyed peas. Not many, but she got some of the broth down which was just as good for her as the peas. (that would be my daughter, not the dog. )

Thanks again guys.
    Last edited by MRD; 01-01-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosie, I'm glad you're daughter didn't have to be admitted. I hope the new year brings you and your family goodluck!

gabriel, I hope all is well at Mona's next check-up.

misskitty, I'm glad you and Gracie are feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2192088;
    myrosiedog- I sat up with Joey one weekend a few years ago at the emergency animal hospital because I called them to check on him and they said he was literally crying. So I ended up in a chair outside his cage with him in my lap and the IV tubes in him, but he slept in my lap for about 8 hours.
    Awww. gabriel. You are the BEST kitty dad ever!! They are so sensitive, aren't they? You, Joey, and Mona are still in our thoughts

myrosiedog: I'm so glad your daughter is feeling a bit better and you were able to get a good diagnosis and medications pretty quickly on New Years. Our emergency wards are usually full of stabbing victims and such and one would have to wait 8 hours just to be seen! I hope she improves and your year does too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2192211;
    Awww. gabriel. You are the BEST kitty dad ever!! They are so sensitive, aren't they? You, Joey, and Mona are still in our thoughts

myrosiedog: I'm so glad your daughter is feeling a bit better and you were able to get a good diagnosis and medications pretty quickly on New Years. Our emergency wards are usually full of stabbing victims and such and one would have to wait 8 hours just to be seen! I hope she improves and your year does too!
    That's why we started at the walkin clinic. The ER wasn't that bad, but the hospital upstairs was full. I think having her pediatrician already there, helped us get in a little quicker and they also sent her to the "womens and childrens" hospital which is in the same complex as the walk in clinic and the clinic is in the same building as her pediatrician. All very convenient. So not as many stabbing victims there I guess. I figured it would be CRAZY on NYD, but we went to the Catholic hospital and not the big huge main city one which I am sure was an 8 hour wait.

Thank you for the good thoughts. I woke up with the beginnings of a migraine. I'm hoping that it stays slight and doesn't blow up on me. I seem to be getting them more lately and I don't know why. I hardly ever get one anymore and the last few months, they have started up again.
    I'd go back to bed, but its full of dogs!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog - Glad your daughter is on the mend.

gabriel - That's one of the sweetest things I ever heard!

Glad your daughter is on the mend. Now go take care of you!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

myrosiedog, I'm so thankful she's better! You take care of yourself too!

Gabriel, I am glad she's on the mend. You make my heart melt when I read about how much you love your babies!

I'm bummed because now that the holidays are over and I'm ready to look for a job, the pickings are slim. I'm usually just not qualified enough. I know MS Word and PowerPoint but never used Excel much. Many administrative jobs today want you to know the whole Office Suite. I don't mind applying for those that say "preferred" but a lot of the ones I'm interested in say "required". I'm a quick learner but can't say on the application that I know software that I really don't.

I'd also like to get into the medical field but all of the receptionist jobs want you to have prior experience. Well someone had to be trained right?! I guess there are enough people out there now with experience that offices no longer need to train anyone.

My ultimate goal is to go back to school for nursing but right now a job is my main priority. I'm disappointed in myself for just graduating college without any specific trade and now that I know what I'd like to do, I have to put it on hold because money is tight and I need a job before going back to school.

And today I spent a long time filling out applications on a website and I'm peeved that my information for each job I apply for on the site isn't saved and carried over. I have to fill out the same info for every position.

Anyway, just wanted to vent. Not really a trouble as I could be more productive and get out there and pound the pavement. Hopefully I can post in the good news thread soon. I plan to go to some temp agencies this week too. Wish me luck!

Best of luck in the job search, ArchieComic Fan. Something will come through for you.

+ Reply to Thread