+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 1224 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546861365361036 ... LastLast
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Belvasgirl
    As for people problems I don't want to write a journal. But my first trouble is my handicapped daughter who lives in a hospital. They moved her to another building today and it is quite traumatic for her since she is borderline autistic. Change is horrific for her.
    Tomorrow I go back to the doc to find out if I am up for surgery number 4 on my back. I have three 18 inch rods in my spine and I have had 4 spinal fusions. Something is wrong in my low low back, almost tailbone area (sorry trying not to get to graphic!) So I am living in fear of the S word. Another surgery and I think I will have only metal in my back and no bone! Well, that is enough of my troubles for now, but thanks for letting me vent!
    Belvasgirl. Welcome. You will love this site....the people are great here on the Fort. I am very sorry to hear about your problems. You must have a lot of personal strength to not only be able to handle the problems you must face with your daughter being hospitalized, but also the surgeries you've had to endure. I hope your daughter settles in to her new living quarters quickly, so you can relax a little. I can't imagine how difficult that must be for you.

I've had 3 spinal fusions, with three plates in my neck, so I know what pain you are going through. Having chronic pain like that and having to go through multiple surgeries is definitely not a lot of fun. I hope you are able to get some answers/relief some time soon. If you need to talk, please feel free to even pm me if you'd like.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Dagwood -- I'm so sorry to hear about your cellulitis. I wish you luck at work tomorrow - hang in there!

Belvasgirl -- wow, what a nightmare you're living. I can't imagine what you're going through. And your poor daughter.... I hope she finds comfort soon and adjusts to the new location. Feel free to talk to us anytime.

Wow Dagwood, cellulites is nasty. I know a few people who have had it and luckily you got over it pretty quickly (one coworker was off work for almost a month). I hope you are feeling all better soon

Belvasgirl, I hope your daughter's move goes well. How long as she been in the hospital and how long will she be there? Plus I hope your surgery goes well too.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Belvasgirl, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I sit here and bitch and moan about my life ~ which is basically just annoying compared to what you must be experiencing. I wish you all the best ~ you are a strong woman who proves to the rest of us how we can survive so many tests. *sending positive energy your way"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    To both dagwood & belvasgirl. Reading your troubles makes me ashamed to complain about the way my day is going.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Belvasgirl
    As for people problems I don't want to write a journal. But my first trouble is my handicapped daughter who lives in a hospital. They moved her to another building today and it is quite traumatic for her since she is borderline autistic. Change is horrific for her.
    Tomorrow I go back to the doc to find out if I am up for surgery number 4 on my back. I have three 18 inch rods in my spine and I have had 4 spinal fusions. Something is wrong in my low low back, almost tailbone area (sorry trying not to get to graphic!) So I am living in fear of the S word. Another surgery and I think I will have only metal in my back and no bone! Well, that is enough of my troubles for now, but thanks for letting me vent!

Good luck, Belvasgirl. I hope all goes well for your daughter.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Well...I am back home now. Thanks for all the well wishes. My leg is still swollen but hardly hurts and I can drive my stick shift. I still have to keep it up but it gives me an excuse to be lazy.

dagwood, so glad you are back home. I'm not sure about your home situation, but I hope you have someone around to cater to your every need. This is definitely the time to get some special TLC...you might want to practice making sad, pathetic faces in the mirror, to add just a little oomph to your presentation.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I am glad to hear you are better dagwood. Isn't it amazing when one of our limbs don't work quite right how incapacitated we become? Is there a lot of pain? I am sending well wishes and prayers your way.

To everyone who wished me well, thank you soooooo much. I haven't heard from my daughter, but that is good news. They try to give her time to adjust with the staff that cares for her without interruption from the family. It sounds harsh, but it works so much better that way, at least for her. For me it is killing me to know how she is doing, but I am going on the assumption that no news is good news. She has been there two years now, and probably will never live anywhere but a hospital, her medical needs are too great.
    As for my back, it is something I have to learn to deal with, but I won't give up. They are coming up with more and more technology everyday, so that is my way of coping. When you have back problems, you just "know" when something isn't right, and unfortunately that is where I am now. I know something isn't right, but I feel good about my doctors so I am putting it in God's hands!.............and the doctors too!

Thank you all for being so kind, and dagwood I wish you the best!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    dagwood, so glad you are back home. I'm not sure about your home situation, but I hope you have someone around to cater to your every need. This is definitely the time to get some special TLC...you might want to practice making sad, pathetic faces in the mirror, to add just a little oomph to your presentation.
    Thanks. The only other person at my house is my 6 yr old daughter. She is in nurse mode so I don't need to practice the pathetic looks. I stayed at my mom's for a week and she waited on me hand and foot so I got lots of TLC.

Belvasgirl, it doesn't hurt anymore. It hurt like a bugger at first but the infection is going away and it is just swollen. I have to keep the foot up for a while. My main problem is the swelling, it makes it hard to walk because I can't bend my ankle. Oh well...it will go away, too.

+ Reply to Thread