+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1692Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Your daughter is in my thoughts and prayers, Rosie.

MRD
    I should post this in the good news thread, but since it started here, I will update here.

She does NOT have pneumonia, she is NOT in the hospital. We are all home with a bag of meds and a big box of popsicles.

We got to the ER where they told us to go as there were currently no beds available for a direct admit. FORTUNATELY the pediatrician was in the hospital and met us in the ER. She had seen a ARNP at the walk in clinic.
    The Ped. had her chest xrayed, she shows no signs of pneumonia on the xrays and said that she is wheezing, but doesn't have the pneumonia "sounds". She diagnosed it as bronchitis, strep and sinus infection that still has not cleared up. They put her on an IV bag to rehydrate her, added an IV antibiotic and we sat and watched most of the Cotton Bowl while waiting for this to go in. She has not had much of a fever despite all this. The dr. said that it may be viral and the antibiotics won't help if it is. But she gave us an inhaler, prednisone and some mild pain meds that will make her more comfortable until whatever this is goes away. We stopped and bought popsicles as her throat hurts so bad, she can't swallow (hence the dehydration) and so now we are trying to make sure she gets a lot of fluids. Right now she is sleeping. But the pediatrician said that in HER opinion, she didn't need to be in the hospital, but to come back to the ER if ANYTHING changes and we are to be in her office first thing in the morning to be rechecked to make sure nothing has changed for the worse.

I am SO relieved and so thankful for all your good wishes.

I have my blackeyed peas and collards going and I am going to make sure that we ALL eat some for good luck as this year hasn't started out so good, but it could be worse.

Thanks all. I'll keep you updated.
    Hope everyone else that is sick (and the sick kitties) are all feeling better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog - I hope things continue to get better for your daughter.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

So glad she wasn't admitted. She will get better faster and more comfortably at home.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

What a relief. Sounds like they did everything they could for her. When I have a sore throat, I like to drink Throat Coat tea. Hot teas may be easier for her to drink than cold things. Peppermint helps get up phlegm and breathe easier, chamomile will help relax her.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2191986;
    So glad she wasn't admitted. She will get better faster and more comfortably at home.
    Thanks. I wasn't looking forward to spending the night in a hospital chair, but even though she is 15, I would not have left her alone. Is that too protective? She's my baby, I wouldn't dream of not being with her while she was in the hospital, so I guess I answered my own question.

She just woke up and is trying to get a popsicle down and even that hurts.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good news, Rosie. Home is a better place to recuperate than a hospital anyway, in my opinion. More comfortable.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    myrosiedog, I just read this. I am soooooooooo glad she's doing better and so sorry you al had to start your new year off with such a scare! Hope she's back to 100 percent soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2191994;
    Thanks. I wasn't looking forward to spending the night in a hospital chair, but even though she is 15, I would not have left her alone. Is that too protective? She's my baby, I wouldn't dream of not being with her while she was in the hospital, so I guess I answered my own question.

She just woke up and is trying to get a popsicle down and even that hurts.
    myrosiedog I would have done the same with my kids.

When I had a really bad case of strep throat, I used a straw and stuck as far back on the side of my throat that I could stand without gagging. Once I figured that out, I started getting the liquids I needed.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

myrosiedog- I sat up with Joey one weekend a few years ago at the emergency animal hospital because I called them to check on him and they said he was literally crying. So I ended up in a chair outside his cage with him in my lap and the IV tubes in him, but he slept in my lap for about 8 hours.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread