+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Oh burntbrat, I know your post wasn't intended to make me laugh, but I couldn't help it. How does that saying go? When a man takes care of the children, he's a hero. When a woman takes care of her children, no one really cares because that's what she's supposed to do. You're a good wife and mom; and your husband is a good husband and dad--he just can't handle the super woman duties you do on a daily basis!

SuperBrat, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma.

As for me, my cold has a new friend. It's called a urinary tract infection. Oh, such joy in my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2188424;
    As for me, my cold has a new friend. It's called a urinary tract infection. Oh, such joy in my life!
    Well, it's always good to have new friends in your life lol
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Burntbrat: sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm sure they'll find out what is wrong and be able to help her now.

To all other sickies: I hope you feel better soon.

I'm still in bed. And still sick with the flu and dizzies, and chills. Managed to fake my way through Xmas Brunch at my house and have a bite but that was it. Managed to get dressed for Xmas dinner at Mom and Dads, but had a few bites of food and that was it. Since then have been in pyjamas and bed constantly, except for bathroom breaks. Am trying weak tea and toast for the first time.

Gracie is still sick. Only managed to get 4/20 pills in her so far.

I had to cancel my bus tickets to see my sweetie for New Years! . We were so looking forward to it and now I can't go and he can't even come here because I have no energy and don't want anyone else to catch this dreaded flu.

I am so unhappy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MissKitty, I'm sorry you still feel so awful.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've been doing the "I'm not sick" dance!!!

(Sorry about all of you people who are!! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Here's my troubles - my husband has been feeling pretty crummy for several days now. He caught a cold, and along with it a miserable cough. Finally, this morning at 2 AM, he decided to go to the hospital. I couldn't drive him as I had hurt my back and could barely move. So he drove himself to the hospital where he was diagnosed with slight pneumonia. On the drive home, he said he didn't know what happened, but he almost drove off the rode, wiped out his passenger-side rear-view mirror and has scrapes all along the side of his truck. So I told him to go to bed and just sleep. And what did he say? He said he was going to work!!! This is after being up all night, having pneumonia, and practically driving off the road! And what does he do for a living, you might ask? He drives a shuttle bus!!! I think this take the cake for doing stupid things. (Maybe I should post this is that thread instead!) He did say he felt much better after coming home from the hospital, but he should still take the day off work and take it easy. [sigh]

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    ScoutMom...did hubby get a shot while he was at the hospital and that could have been the reason he didn't know exactly what had happened??? I know here at our local hospital if you get a shot or given some medicine that may make you drowsy, you are not allowed to leave on your own...you HAVE to have someone else sign you out. Now of course, once you get out in the parking lot you could get behind the wheel of your car and drive off but someone other than yourself has to sign you out of the ER.

I hope your hubby gets to feeling better tho....I've been stuck in my house for a week with the flu and I have been absolutely miserable so I can completely sympathize with him!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

bbnbama - He didn't say they gave him a shot. He said they gave him a breathing treatment, and he felt much better. Came home with an inhaler in case he needed it. He took that to work with him.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2189757;
    bbnbama - He didn't say they gave him a shot. He said they gave him a breathing treatment, and he felt much better. Came home with an inhaler in case he needed it. He took that to work with him.
    I know my mom was recently given a inhaler for her bronchitis...it was Albuterol (sp?) and the doctor told her it would make her jittery and light headed. My nephew takes that for his asthma too.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Good news is I was able to stay out of bed today, get out of pyjamas and get some milk and a paper from the store. (A nap is coming up rather soon). Bad news is right now I am supposed to be getting picked up by my sweetie to celebrate New Years, which won't be happening.

More bad news is now my Dad has the flu. I think he got it from me. He's now sick in bed.

Stooppid flu.

prhoshay: Don't dance too hard, you could slip and fall and break a leg
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread