+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD
    OK, you guys have officially spread it to me and my family. Daughter has sinus infection and is going to the dr. and I feel it starting in my nose. Have already dosed up with trimune.

Hope everyone else is feeling better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We dont have the sinus thing going on in our home, but we still have the stomach flu running rampant. It's about 40 degrees here, and I have the windows cracked open a little to try to keep this house aired out.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    SuperBrat, I hope your grandmother is fine and that it's nothing more serious that needing to lower her meds dose! myrosiedog, I hope you and your daughter feel better soon. angelic_one2002, the stomach flu SUCKS! Make sure everyone has a lot of liquids and something to replace the electrolytes! Everyone, fell better!!! (I've still got the sore throat/cold thing but it's nothing serious, I don't think!)

Lois Lane - I hope you get to feeling better SOON, too. The sinus throat stuff is miserable, too.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks angelic_one!

Today would've been the day I had my Level 2 Ultrasound. I see it scratched out on my calendar.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Still sick here and I think the pink eye has spread to my left eye now!

The doctor told me when she prescribed the cough syrup that it would knock me out so I could get some sleep..........WRONG! I took my 2 teaspoons last night at 10:15 and at 3:30 guess what? I'm still wide awake!!! I'm such a terrible insomniac anyway and I was looking forward to taking something that would actually make me sleep. I went to bed at about 4:00 and then woke myself up at 6:00 with a coughing fit. I guess one consolation is that I don't have any stomach problems from this cold! (knock on wood before I curse myself!)

Everything in my house is exactly as I brought it in on Monday after having Christmas at my mom's. There are boxes and bags all strewed about on the living room floor. There's just a path from the sofa to the computer to the kitchen to the bathroom to the bed. I've somehow got to get motivated and put some of it up. Its making me nuts looking at it but then when I get to stirring around I start my coughing fit again!

If I don't get to feeling better, then I guess Dick Clark really will be my New Year's Eve date since I won't be able to get out!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Hugs for you, Lois

MRD - what is trimune? Is it OTC or script?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Lois, sending hugs.

Bbnbama, feel better soon. I know what you mean about stuff strewn around. My husband says he can tell when I'm sick as I quit cleaning and he can tell when I feel better as I start cleaning.

Cricketeen, its a GREAT product I get OTC at Walgreens. I took it this morning and at lunch and now this afternoon, all my symptoms have disappeared and I feel much better. I swear on this stuff now. I've had "something" start to hit me several times since Oct. and as soon as I feel the first twinges, I start on the Trimune and its kicked it in the butt in a day or less.

It can be used as a preventative. Like if you are going to fly, you can start taking it before,during and after the flight and you can take it as soon as you feel cold or sinus symptoms coming on. Sore throat too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

urgh, well, now it seems it still may be alzheimers or dimentia. And my grandma LIED to the doctor about a certain icky bodily function, saying she's only had it for a couple of days, when she had it for a while, like since Thanksgiving. And that may be because of colon cancer, so they want to do a test on that. Man, I never want to get old.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Terribly sorry about your grandma, Superbrat. I hope she finds some peace and your family reaches a happy medium and her health gets well even if her mind slips a little.

ERGH! My troubles are more annoying that troublesome. I'm just AMAZED, amazed I tell you, at the stupidity of married men. And I married a very good one! He doesn't cheat or have any terrible vices or anything like that. But today he got off of work around noon so he could take my oldest (not his biological child) to the airport to see her dad. She was pretty upset and he dealt with that great. He even offered to pick up our other two from daycare on his way home (after 2 pm). Fantastic! I call him on my way home, around 4:30 and he had been napping and didn't do anything for dinner. No problem. I get home at 5 and the house is a complete disaster. He's asleep on the couch and the two other kids are running around, both thirsty and hungry. I reprimand the 6-year-old (mildly) for not taking care of himself and I set the 17-month-old up with a drink and a snack. Then I clean the kitchen and start a nice dinner. All while my husband is napping, I sweep the floor, finish the dishes, pick up the disaster that has been left in the living and family rooms, and tend to the kids. About 15 minutes before supper is ready he wakes up and offers to help. Then the rest of the freaking night he is on a short fuse because he's had to put up with the baby's crying for the last "5 hours". ARGH!!!!!!!!! I would really like to tell him where to stick it but I don't think that's going to help anything right now. So I'll just sit here and post to the fort and think about all the wonderful things he does and try not to look at this little oversight in compassion.

+ Reply to Thread