+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

My son was playing with my husband when he ran to me for some cover and ended up heat butting me right on the bridge of the nose. It doesn't look broken, but it's not pretty and I am in serious pain. I have been applying ice, but ouch...

Ouch, DesertRose! That sounds painful. Be sure to keep icing it.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Wow! Cold and flu season really hit hard!

My sister swears by chicken soup with lots and lots of garlic. Get your rest and remember to stay hydrated. Orange juice is full of vitamin C and mixes so nicely with tequila or Peach Schnapps, as well as champagne!

Here's hoping all of you will feel better real soon, including little miss Gracie-kins.

DesertRose - Ow! Hope you feel better, too.

urgh, family medical problems are AWEFUL. My grandma had to go into the hospital today. She passed out two times today, and the second time, my uncle (she lives on his property in a nice 5th wheel) couldn't revive her, so they had to call 911. SHe was on the floor shaking, and unconcious. The medics came, and revived her. And of course, the woman didnt want to go to the hospital but they did eventually take her. The medics told my uncle that her blood sugar was so low, she shouldnt have been alive. At first, they thought that maybe it was cancer (she had breast cancer several years ago), but now they think it may be the early stages of alzheimers or dementia. Now we are just awaiting the results.

My grandma has a habit of not saying what's wrong, and she doesnt want to go to doctors. She says she doesnt want to know if anything is wrong with here. Well, she may not, but those in her life sure do!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Oh SuperBrat...I'm sorry to hear of your grandma's troubles....sounds like your grandma is alot like my grandma was....very headstrong and independent and didn't want to "bother" anyone....

It is very frustrating but hopefully after tests are run and the doctors get a chance to check her out you and your family will know more and know what your next step will need to be. Sometimes the children have to "over rule" the parents in their best interest.

I wish you well and please keep us posted on her, OK?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

An update: my mom just called. My grandma had a catscan, and it seems she has had a series of small strokes for a while now, and the doctor wont know if she suffered a stroke today until next week. And it may do with the medication she is on, he thought the dose was too high for her. So i am still hoping for the best.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Not only am I still sick and now running a 101 temp but I also have freaking PINK EYE in my right eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got this 2 yrs ago, it brought a friend called throat infection(all at the same time). Hope you feel better soon.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

SuperBrat, my thoughts are with you and your family. Hopefully they can change her meds and she will get better.

SuperBrat - I hope your grandma is feeling better soon. All of my friends say the same thing about their parents/grandparents, etc. - once they get older, they get very stubborn and don't want to listen to anybody. They think they can do everything they could do when they were younger, and they don't want to ask for help or be a bother to anybody. What they don't realize is that by not asking for help and not going to the doctor's, it become harder for their families to cope with the results of that than if they just asked for help in the first place! I'll keep your family in my prayers.

I sure hope everyone is feeling better today.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread