+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Well, I just about died last night after setting the table, washing the floors and vaccuming and tidying up. The place looked mighty festive, however. Brunch was fine and I was able to eat a bite but not much since I'm afraid. Back to water and crackers for me.

Sorry to hear many of you others are also sick with this dreaded flu stuff.

Unfortunately, during brekky and gifts, Gracie was unusually unhappy and annoyed and showed all signs of another bladder infection. So I spent the next 2 1/2 hrs at the emergency vet clinic to get her checked and some medication. Oh, and close to $200, but even the vet said she was a very sweet and pretty kitty. She's only 4lb 6oz! She used to be 9.

She was not happy about the car ride, but she had a nice snooze in waiting room #4. She likes Bing Crosby. She started to purr when she heard White Christmas over the clinic radio, even in her carrier.

I now have to sequester her to get a urine sample and she's not happy about that nor is Mr. Tootles. And I tried to pill her once. You know how well that went . I have do try to pill her twice a day for 10 days

Yeah. Right. I need another two pairs of hands.

The cool thing was, the emergency vet clinic has a huge Flavia Corporate machine with a zillion flavors of coffee and tea for the public for only a buck. The extra money they make goes to the clinic.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I hope she's getting better. keep us posted. and YES I do know the pill problem.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles misskitty. I hope Gracie gets better soon.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    miss kitty, our cat needs meds, too. We grind the pills and mix them in with some soft food. The smell is disgusting but our cat doesn't seem to notice and gobbles it all up, ground pills and all. Could you do that? I hope you both feel better SOON!!!!

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Ask your Vet before crushing pills. Just like with human medication some can not be crushed because of the time release. I always get our kitties liquid medication - so much easier!
    Miss. Kitty - I'm worried about weight loss. Have they done blood work to check of CRF [kidney failure] or diabetes? I have kitties with CRF - weight loss is a sign. About the urine sample - how come the Vet didn't just do one then? It easy to get an urine sample from a cat at the Vets.
    Hugs to you and your furry ones! Hope you all feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;2186739;
    I always get our kitties liquid medication - so much easier!
    I tried that with Joey, because with the pills he would jerk his head so bad I thought he would break his neck. So I got the liquid and the following would happen
    1- He'd take off seeing the bottle. (I tried disguising it - didn't work)
    2- Mr. alligator jaw wouldn't even THINK of letting me hold his jaw shut.
    3- He'd spit the stuff out at me.
    4- Just when I thought I had it - the side of his face would be wet....
    Last edited by Amanda; 12-25-2006 at 09:05 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks for your well wishes about Gracie everyone.

This medication does not come in a liquid. And she knows all, sees all, and so hiding it in some food doesn't work either. The vet did try to get a sample there but she had nothing left at the time. After a somewhat traumatic evening, I just let Gracie and Mr. Tootles settle down without any surprises. She slept well, and did eat and drink. I'll try the pills with Grandpa. He's going to come over. The vet also said for her size and age, her weight was just fine. I thought it was low as well but she's otherwise ok.

Poor little thing. Doesn't trust me at all today.

------

Oh, and my evil twin sinister gave me some ginger pills to take for my nausea from the flu. She told me to take 3 so I did. Within minutes, I'm flaming red from head to toe and itchy. I didn't get hives, thank goodness but I guess I'm allergic. Or just sensitive. So not funny. Sigh
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    , misskitty! I always get scared when I hear about kitties (any animal) losing so much weight. What's the time span for the weight loss? I know I don't have to tell you to make sure you follow up with your regular vet. I guess I am truly fortunate. My vets are always available, and don't shut the office down for blocks of time off. I could even call at 2 a.m. and have an emergency seen. They all live close to the office. No matter what time you drive by the office, you will always see a couple of people moving around in there. It's a real hospital.

I wish I could drive to everybody's home to give kitty pills. I've got that down to a fine art! I find it much easier than liquid. The way the kitties fight you at medication time, I'm always scared I'm going to, inadvertently, cause them an aspiration pneumonia.

misskitty and Gracie (and Mr. Tootles), you all are in my prayers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2186847;
    I guess I am truly fortunate. My vets are always available, and don't shut the office down for blocks of time off. I could even call at 2 a.m. and have an emergency seen. They all live close to the office.
    Gees, that's better than most doctors' offices for humans! That's wonderful.

I'm having a rough Christmas. I'm sick, I would've been 5-1/2 months pregnant today, and it's generally just sucky and I've been trying not to be depressed 'cause I don't want to depress anyone else (especially my husband). I think if it was St. Patrick's Day, it wouldn't be as depressing. but there's something about Christmas. When things are going well, it's a magical time. When they're not, it's just depressing.

Oh, and I think I clogged our garbage disposal as well. Oops.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Not only am I still sick and now running a 101 temp but I also have freaking PINK EYE in my right eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had pink eye once before in my life and I seriously think it traumatized me! It was H.O.R.R.I.B.L.E and I couldn't wear contacts for months because it would always seem to flare the situation back up again!

To say I am peeved right now is to put it mildly. My throat is sore, I'm running a fever, my nose is stuffy, I couldn't taste anything I ate today and now I've got pink eye!!!

I.am.NOT.a.happy.camper.right.now!

I'd cry if I thought it would help but it would only end up making me rub my eye and my nose would be stopped up even more..and then I'd be pissed off all over again!!!...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread