+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I hope you feel much better in the morning miss kitty.
    {{hug}}

The flu's been going around our home too, right now misskitty. Hope you feel much better real SOON!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I've been lolling around taking alka seltzer plus cold.... must be fort flu/cold season
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

So that's where I got it! I started taking Ester-C every hour when I felt it coming on, but I still have a cough and stuffies. Did you know that scientists found a couple years ago that chocolate works better than cough syrup? I keep hershey's kisses in my purse for the movies, take a slug of Hershey's syrup before I go to bed and drink a mug of hot chocolate if I wake up coughing during the night. Really works!
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Oh, I'm getting out of this thread in a hurry and spraying the computer with lysol. You guys all get to feeling better in a hurry.

Miss Kitty, you take care, can't be sick on Christmas.

Ok, off now to disinfect.

Everyone get well and quit spreading that darn thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2186368;
    So that's where I got it! I started taking Ester-C every hour when I felt it coming on, but I still have a cough and stuffies. Did you know that scientists found a couple years ago that chocolate works better than cough syrup? I keep hershey's kisses in my purse for the movies, take a slug of Hershey's syrup before I go to bed and drink a mug of hot chocolate if I wake up coughing during the night. Really works!
    Wow, no kidding!!! Oh, I can do that definetly. But I will miss the alcohol buzz I get from taking the cough syrup!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Count me in as another FORTer who has the flu....scratchy/sore throat, stuffed up nose, cough and just generally feeling "blah"...I'm not even motivated to finish wrapping the presents!

I've never heard of the chocolate cure-all Gut...I'm not a big chocolate lover but I'd be willing to try it....think I'm gonna head out and see about drinking a mug of hot chocolate!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well let me tell y'all that I feel a tad better this morning. I decided to go buy a bottle of J & B scotch, got me some ice, put a bunch of Dean Martin/ Jerry Lewis colgate comedy hours DVDs in and watched that with the occaisional "sippy poo" of scotch... heh heh heh
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Count me in too as being miserable sick. Coughing/achy/sore throat/sneezing, I feel like a cold/flu commercial. I've been feeling like this for about a month. I started off taking Buckley's cold pills which didn't work and now I'm taking Beneylin1 which helps for a little bit. I can't take anything that has echinacea in it because I'm allergic to ragweed which echinacea is part of that family. But I have to be careful with any drugs I take because as a kid I was sick a lot and got over prescribed with penicillian so that doesn't work very well for me either. I always have to be aware of which drugs or combos I take so I don't get resistant to them too. So most of the time I try to tough it out whenever I get sick unless it lasts for a long time.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

My daughters took off ice skating and left me with all the dinner preparations. Just as well. They can use the sister-bonding time and I could do things my own way. Gabriel - I've been so tempted to get those DVDs. I watch the infomercial every time I see it on. How many do you have? How often do new ones come out?
    Count your blessings!

The Colgate comedy hour dvds that I have I bought the 3 sets from Amazon.
    The Dean Martin Variety shows I've had for a couple years now and I think they came one or two every 2 months or so.
    But aside from the variety shows I bought all the movies, cds, and tv shows from Amazon, best buy or deep discount dvd, or mymusic.com or deepdiscount CD.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread