+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445851355351035 ... LastLast
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Very trivial compared to the life worries each faced but I lost my mobile phone.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Unexplained - Not so trivial if someone finds it and runs up your bill. Is there a way to contact your server and cancel it? By the way, love your avatar. Brody's a favorite of mine.
    Count your blessings!

Troubles...yeah I got em...ha.

As you may have noticed (please tell me someone missed me ) I have been missing from the boards for 6 days. Well, Wednesday I thought I had the flu and called my mom to take my child to Thanksgiving so I could stay home and recover. She got there, took one look at my leg and made me go to the doctor. Turns out I have cellulitis...a nasty nasty infection in my left leg. First I was just on antibiotics but was sick as a dog all Thursday. Thursday night I went to the ER and they gave me IV antibiotics. I had to take the drugs that way Friday and Saturday. Finally yesterday they let me back on oral antibiotics and took the IV away...yay. I have not been able to walk or drive (clutch foot) so my daughter and I have been staying with my mom. I am much better now, but still not 100%. I am going back to work tomorrow, though.

And to top it off my keyboard is dying and I can't type a question mark or a capitol n!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Poor Daggy That's awful. I'm glad your mom intervened and *made* you go to the doctor (that's what moms are for ).

I hope you're well enough to go to work tomorrow -- but don't push it.

Dagwood, yikes! Glad your mom was observant and available to help you out. It's tough being sick, especially when you have children....glad you are on the mend.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My mom's had a few bouts of cellulitis. Her left leg was really swollen and she had to spend a month in the hospital.

, dag. Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks, guys! I gotta go now, but I will be back tomorrow night! bye!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Dagwood, you have been missed. Hope you're feeling better. *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Troubles...yeah I got em...ha.

As you may have noticed (please tell me someone missed me ) I have been missing from the boards for 6 days. Well, Wednesday I thought I had the flu and called my mom to take my child to Thanksgiving so I could stay home and recover. She got there, took one look at my leg and made me go to the doctor. Turns out I have cellulitis...a nasty nasty infection in my left leg. First I was just on antibiotics but was sick as a dog all Thursday. Thursday night I went to the ER and they gave me IV antibiotics. I had to take the drugs that way Friday and Saturday. Finally yesterday they let me back on oral antibiotics and took the IV away...yay. I have not been able to walk or drive (clutch foot) so my daughter and I have been staying with my mom. I am much better now, but still not 100%. I am going back to work tomorrow, though.

And to top it off my keyboard is dying and I can't type a question mark or a capitol n!

I am new here so I don't know everyone yet, but it is so nice to come to a place where people actually care about each others problems. Dagwood, I am soooo sorry about your cellulitis. You know this is gonna sound really weird, and please don't take it as insensitive, but the only way I ever heard of cellulitis was with my dog. She is a doberman and had a sore on her foot, turned out it developed cellulitis. Oh, the anitbiotic!!!!!! We have to switch them every three weeks, to keep from developing a resistance to them and are now on week nine.

As for people problems I don't want to write a journal. But my first trouble is my handicapped daughter who lives in a hospital. They moved her to another building today and it is quite traumatic for her since she is borderline autistic. Change is horrific for her.
    Tomorrow I go back to the doc to find out if I am up for surgery number 4 on my back. I have three 18 inch rods in my spine and I have had 4 spinal fusions. Something is wrong in my low low back, almost tailbone area (sorry trying not to get to graphic!) So I am living in fear of the S word. Another surgery and I think I will have only metal in my back and no bone! Well, that is enough of my troubles for now, but thanks for letting me vent!

Dagwood! Just so you know, I did notice that you didn't comment on the Survivor Shadows this week, and you always do...but I just assumed you were away because of the holidays. I hope you're up and feeling better soon.

I injured my knee last summer right before a scheduled trip to my mom's with my daughter. At first I was cursing my luck, but it was so great to be taken care of by mom and to know my daughter was in good hands...so I know how you feel. Take care!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread