+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Another nice thing is that if you don't like the assignment, you can quit and it won't be a black mark on your employment history. I love temp agencies. Good luck with the job hunt, Amy Lee.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2180110;
    Another nice thing is that if you don't like the assignment, you can quit and it won't be a black mark on your employment history. I love temp agencies. Good luck with the job hunt, Amy Lee.
    Well that apparantly doesn't work here. I got hired in Oct. through a temp agency. It was a horrible assignment, I went back to my rep at the temp agency and told her I couldn't work there anymore and why. They have not called me for another assignment since then. So apparantly I now have a black mark on my record at the temp agency.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    This should go in the "good news" thread, but since it originated here, I'll put it here instead. Last night was the holiday gathering with the group of new parent friends who I'd grown so tired of hanging out with. I spent most of the night hanging out in the kitchen with one of my friends, who is the mother of a 12 year old. At the end of the night when I was getting ready to go home, she told me how happy she was that we'd been able to hang out all night, because she was so sick and tired of all the non stop baby talk. she told me she was on the verge of telling all of them that their kids are not the first to discover rolling over or crawling, and they wouldn't be the last. When I told her I'd been feeling the same way, we shared this moment of relief at the discovery that we would always have each other to count on now as an escape from the baby talk. Oh, and we also observed that the snitty "You don't parent your child right, and it's effecting my kid" rivalry is starting to develop among a few of the other parents.

Ok maybe this isn't a major big problem, but my husband put his laptop as our computer,and I'm so used to using a mouse that I keep reaching for it. Ugh .
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2179968;
    Amy, have you tried working for temp. agency that specializes in office workers? I've personally never worked for an agency but I've hired lots of girls from one for the company I used to work for. I think it's a good way to get different office experience and if one of the places you go to likes you they might hire you permanently.
    Thats a good idea. Where I work if we're short a nurse we usually call an agency and we've had good luck with them, and yeah they pay really well, but I've heard one complaint about them either they don't have benefits or their benefits are so bad that the nurses have to go and get their own.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

I know at a variety of placed I worked we called temp agencies for maternity replacement or short-term for illness or vacation. They usually worked out quite well. If you get listed on several agencies, you might have a busier workload. The other good thing is that many girls end up getting hired permanent where they temped because the boss or business really like them.

Being able to work a switchboard is an extra skill I would think. I've been trained on a couple in the past and they're really not too difficult if someone shows you the ropes and you make notes. Just remember, that person had to learn it too. And so can you!

Good luck Amy Lee!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This is a pretty minor trouble but it is so annoying. The components are;
    *Me after a party at one o'clock last night
    *Carrying a bike
    *Going down some steps
    *3 inch heels (I didn't expect to be walking that much in the, and particularly not in steps)

My foot twisted under me and now I have enourmous pains when I'm walking. I'm hoping that it goes over quickly. I have plans to spend tomorrow afternoon shopping, I don't know what I will be buying so it will be just going to the different stores. So I'm hoping it doesn't hurt that badly tomorrow.

Like I said minor troubles but it's still annoying.

Why were you carrying a bike?? Where were all the dashing gentlemen at this party? You should wrap your ankle with an Ace bandage or something like that; it might help with the pain and allow you to do your holiday shopping.

It was on the way to an after party. It was my bike and I was carrying it down some steps (which I do almost every day since I keep my bike on my balcony (I don't do it in three inch heels then though)).

The gentlemen? Well Mr. Fatale was carrying his own bike and one of my friends carried my bottle. The other friend was flirting with a girl and the rest I did not know.

But now I'm a bit happier, check out my post in the good news thread

If you still have bad pain, you should probably go to a hospital and get it checked out.

+ Reply to Thread