+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Ooh, thanks, I'll try that! The benefit of having a messy work space is that there's a box handy right here.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2176653;
    thanks, Veruka and Buglover! Veruka, I AM in a sit-all-day office, so I'm trying to get up as much as possible, as it does hurt less when I'm standing. Buglover, it's not near my kidneys -- more mid-back, under my bra strap, which in itself seems like a strange place to me. I'm just hoping it goes away soon.
    That sounds very similar to my situation back wise. Mid back is posture (my rehab therapist says) and try to keep your head straight, don't lean in to see something, etc. All that fun stuff that we must do in order to see our screens is killing our backs. If it doesn't go away, be sure to tell your employer that you are having a little pain so you can see a doctor and get your desk set up nice and tight so you may be able to keep it away.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oooh, Lucy, that sounds like a perfect reason for a therapeutic massage to me! (Do make sure you're going to a real massage therapist, not a ho house )
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Lucy---of course there are a million explanations for back pain, but what you mentioned about it being under the bra strap reminded me of one I know, dating back from our pregnancy days. If you gain even a little weight (or your breasts swell, as in pregnancy or "that time of the month") your bra gets just that little bit too tight, and can cause constant back pain...all cured when you get a bra extender/next size up. Don't know if it is pressure on the spine or circulation being cut off, but the "cure" in this case is really simple.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Hey, im single and childless(not planning on any.) and apparently liking it. Okay so that not something troubling as the title states, but im clearly one of ya'll.
    My only trouble would be that im currently looking for a job and have yet to find anything.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2178320;
    My only trouble would be that im currently looking for a job and have yet to find anything.
    That sucks. Are you getting any good nibbles, or is the field you're interested in pretty shut out? I hope that it happens for you in 2007!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2176644;
    My own trouble today, although it's pretty minor -- my back hurts. I've had some sort of weird pain in this one spot since Monday, and nothing I do -- ibuprofen, heating pad, stretching -- seems to help. It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle, and I haven't done anything to injure it. It's not a horrid intense stabby pain, but it's constant and it is driving me NUTS. I wouldn't have thought a little irritating pain could be so consuming, but I'm having trouble concentrating on anything else, and driving the people around me crazy whining about it, so now I'm venting on you guys. But if anyone knows a lot about back issues/remedies, please help me out before I go insane.
    A trip to a chiropractor might help alleviate your pain.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2179087;
    That sucks. Are you getting any good nibbles, or is the field you're interested in pretty shut out? I hope that it happens for you in 2007!!!
    Sometimes i do and sometimes i don't. I'm looking for secretarial work but some actually require up to 5 yrs of experience and knowledge of switchboards. And when i do get a good listing, i get scared.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2178320;
    Me too. Hopefully we'll both be able to post something in the good news thread soon!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2179380;
    Sometimes i do and sometimes i don't. I'm looking for secretarial work but some actually require up to 5 yrs of experience and knowledge of switchboards. And when i do get a good listing, i get scared.
    Amy, have you tried working for temp. agency that specializes in office workers? I've personally never worked for an agency but I've hired lots of girls from one for the company I used to work for. I think it's a good way to get different office experience and if one of the places you go to likes you they might hire you permanently.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread