+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344841345341034 ... LastLast
Like Tree1973Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I don't begrudge the women their 'thank you' for their long service record I guess I'm just pissed off because my hard work wasn't recognized. My husband told me to get over it and if they weren't going to pay I shouldn't go to the conference and represent them.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Duxxy, I'm sorry to hear that. Hard work definitely deserves to be recognized. I hope they come around and cover your costs. And be sure to hold your ground in 2006 when the conference comes back to your area.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My troubles seem like petty issues compared to what everyone else is dealing with. I'm sorry for everything else that has happened.

My current troubles aren't really troubles...just frustration over my inability to manage my time well. I haven't yet found my niche for this school year, nor have I adjusted my mindset to take the work seriously before it's something like 8 at night. Hopefully acknowledging this will help me help myself change.
    Gustav Holst was right!

FORT Fogey
    Ugh. I'm just having one of those days where everything goes wrong. I am just so stressed out over everything, I had 4 tests today. I totally bombed the first test in math, so then it was on my mind for the rest of the day. I hate not doing well. It's just that, I have so many expectations of myself, I've been getting straight A's since 6th grade and it just stresses me out so much. I feel like crap when I fail a test, like I've failed myself.

So I finish the school day, and I just want to go home and eat chocolate. But no, I have a field hockey game. See, I absolutely HATE my coach because she always yells at me when I do something wrong, "Come on Pinkie, if you don't pass it harder, I'm taking you out!" , but then when one of the seniors screws up, she says, "It's okay, just get it back!" And she's so inconsistant with playing time. Last game, I played about 3/4 of the game and today I played for all of 5 minutes before she took me out and just glared at me. I'm just so tired of her. She's made the sport no fun for me.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Yeesh. Duxxy, that sucks. I'm sorry they did that to you. I suspect there are others out there who have been treated the same way. But you know, the way you talk about your kids - you seem like a great care-giver, so here's a pat on the back... *pat pat pat* ... you deserve more.

Haej: Can I adopt you? I know your problems aren't as devastating as some of the others, but being 13 (?) comes with its own set. I know you will make a good decision, and continue to do well. You are an amazing girl.

Pinkie, you are a great role model for other kids, you sound like a great kid. I'm sure you are disappointed with your performance on that one test. But it's just one test, and if you take a step back and look at the whole picture, you'll see that you have a lot going for you, you have great potential. Now go have some chocolate and celebrate the other tests that I'm sure you aced. (btw: what are those two smilies fighting over?)

And to the others: check your PMs.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Pinkie's story reminds me of my younger days:

I had a soccer coach who believed in playing less-talented seniors over better underclassmen just because they were seniors. I remember when I was a soph and was better than 4 of the seniors that started, yet I hardly ever got to play. Even the other players on the team knew I was better, and told the coach so, and he still insisted on playing those 4 clowns over me. I was so frustrated I almost quit the team, but my parents and a few guys on the team talked me into sticking around. I still never played a whole lot that year, so I didn't even try out for the team the next year to send a message. I ended up playing that year anyway after the coach and a few players pretty much begged me to join the team after the first few games. I made the coach promise that I would never come out of the game unless I wanted to before I would agree to join the team.

I also only played one year of basketball because the coach was a jerk and didn't like me, so I knew I wasn't going to play regardless. My impressive athletic skills were wasted on these jokers.

So don't be afraid to hold for something better and stick up for yourself to prove a point.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Hearing these clueless coach stories amaze me. Most coaches I've seen during my daughter's school years were more into winning, than anything else, so they'd let the kids who played the best, play the most. I've never heard coaches threaten to "play better or else"....and I've never seen them glaring at the kids......girl's sports anyway. I'm not very familiar with the boy's teams. We have a neighbor girl who is a fabulous pitcher in girl's softball, and as a freshman made the varsity team. I enjoy going to her games, and she gets a lot of play time.

Pinkie, I'm sorry your coach is making it so you don't enjoy the games....that stinks. I hope she was just having a bad week, and that this will blow over for you, and you can get back to having fun.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

well, I have a water leak at my house for the second time this fall.
    I noticed water on the carpet in my guest room this afternoon, and finally traced it too the guest bathroom........I'm bummed that I didn't notice it sooner but the water leak started at the toilet and instead of filling the bathroom floor with water it went under the cabinet with the sink in it and under the wall to the guest room..........so I'm bummed . My husband will try to save the carpet the engineer that he is........... BUt there is still water under the cabinet.......yuc.....

Thanks for letting me vent........I feel a little better.
    Maybe a need a glass of wine.......yea that's it....
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Gee, Pansy, I'm sorry you have to go through this again, especially after having to be hospitalized. You've had a bout of bad luck, haven't you? I hope this most recent leak turns out to be something simple to repair and easily cleaned up. Good luck.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

The only good part about this leak so far is that I do think my husband can repair it.......but not until the weekend.......and so I have the biggest bowl that will fit under the leak....and there is not much space under the turn off valve of a toilet........... :rolleyes

We had to take down the bed in the guest bedroom and I had to move alot of my sewing stuff out into the dining room so we could pull back the carpet and padding to let it dry out......... I'm just glad no one is visiting me till Christmas.....that's a positive.

But its raining buckets here so I can't just open the window and help get the wet smell out of the room.........so I've been Febreezing and Lysoling :rolleyes

Yes, I agree my luck hasn't been to good lately.......thanks for letting me talk about it.......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

+ Reply to Thread