+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1506Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

This pales in comparison to the casualties in the war and I hate putting it adjacent to posts about the war.

With 2 weeks to go before my moving into my new Condo I got a letter from the builder that they are extending my moving date another 2 weeks. The old date was ideal for me, the new date is terrible in terms of the my work load and in terms of getting a mover. It also screws up the arrangements that I have made and now have to re-make. The letter from the builder basically says that they don't consider the delays their fault (I don't see how having nice weather all summer can cause construction delays) and that if I suffer any inconvenience or extra costs because of the delay that's just too bad. To make matters more frustrating I can never get hold of anyone at the builder, property manager or customer service (I am beginning to think that the customer service telephone line was just put in as a bad joke).

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Thanks for the help with the depression issues

But...New problem. My stepmom is over-the-top horrible.

When my half-sisters were staying at her house, she barged into their room at 3 in the morning screaming "Get out of my sheets! Get on the floor in the living room and watch the TV-it's the one thing in this house your father owns!" My dad doesn't deny the incident, so it is true.

Another time she got into a fight with my dad, and told my sisters 'I hope your happy! We're getting a divorce, and it's all your fault!" 9They didn't get a divorce)

And I made a cake for her daughter's birthday (She's my half sister) and she wouldn't let anyone eat it! She says she couldn't trust me! WTF? Does she really think I'd poison a two year old?

What can I do about this witch?
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

William13: Sorry to hear about your housing issues. Hopefully it will all get resolved soon and you can concentrate on making your home your own cozy, comfortable place.

Mega Fan:Is there an adult there that you can talk to, like your mom, maybe? I'd say share your concerns with your dad, but considering he's married to her, you probably won't tell him anything he doesn't already deal with on a daily basis. Just kidding. For your own sake, treat her politely when you are around her. Don't give her a reason to treat you poorly, if you can help it.

I wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes and prayers for Mom. She had her surgery on Monday and is doing really well. The Dr had to remove/repair quite a bit of damaged cartilage but said he hopes his knees were as good as hers when he's her age. She'll have physical therapy for a few weeks, but she's already being her independent self! Thanks again.

anemone: So good to hear your Mom came out of surgery OK! Hooray!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Short Update and New Request

First of all, just wanted to thank all of you for praying for my friend Sean who has the brain tumor. He says that the prayers have been helping so I would be greatful if you could keep him in your thoughts when you have the time.

Last time I posted the tumor had been downgraded. However it has been rediagnosed and the tumor that he has is even more rare, due to both its severity and location. My Mum, who is a doctor and a nurse, told me that one in every 3 million people that are diagnosed with a brain tumor have this specific type. He is in the middle of his first treatment block right now....Proton Treatment and Chemo. Still sharp as a tack brain wise, but his motor skills are lacking and he is feeling a little down.

He is only 22 and to see him in this much pain is upsetting. I wish I could take it all away from him, but I can't.

As for the new request....Tavish...one of my twin nephews is in need of some prayers. He had a heart mumur, has a hole in his heart and actually stopped breathing last week and was taken to the ER. We should have test results later this week. If you could keep him in your prayers I would be greatful.

Thanks.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

They are both in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Sending prayers, JLuvs, with 4 paws together as well!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Without question - Prayers are being said.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

As depressing as it may be reading about other people's troubles, it's good once in a while realizing there are people out there with real problems! I'm an atheist, so, not sure if I can say a prayer for your friend JLuvs, all I can say is, I wish with all my heart the treatment is successful and everything works out fine.

Tavish is now in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the local hospital in Oregon. I am so worried for him. As soon as I get an update I will post it here.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread