+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1660Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

pom, you know your family is in our prayers.
    I am really glad to hear that your parents are back in the house, and that your Dad is at least out of the hospital; I'm sure he's happier at home.
    anemone, I hope your Mom's surgery goes well ; keep us posted
    Best of luck and well wishes for all the troubled folks here. I don't come in here real often, but always want the best for the FORT family!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thinking of all of you and sending warm thoughts to each and everyone!

anemone: I too hope the surgery goes well. My Baba had hip surgery at 95 and the anaesthetic was ok for her. I'll send my prayers for great hospital care for your mom.

Pommie: I'll send prayers and healing energy as well to your Mom and Dad for good health. I hope the doctors have some good news for you regarding them. Do you live far away from them?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    My prayers are with everyone above who are experiencing these tough times A fellow (high school) classmate of mine recently passed away two weekends ago after having open heart surgery when she never woke up from the anesthesia. We'd gone to school together since 7th grade and talked to each other a few times but were generally just acquaintances. The news sort of came as a shock and it made me truly realize how life is too short and you never know when it could end.
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

Pommie - I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I am sure it is a blessing that your dad is home, and perhaps that will help him to feel better.

KarateGirl1387 - I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. May you find comfort in your memories. Grief is a horrible thing, and tears are a good release, so let them flow freely.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    I'm depressed. Nothing to do, nowhere to go. I'm alone in the world, not a friend in sight or a sunset over the horizon. I want to move away and never look back, but there's something keeping me here. The person who I am and the person who I want to be have never been so different.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

My poor hubby suffers every day because he is not able to see his children from his previous marriage. As much as he didn't want to do it he let his ex's new husband adopt his kids. She really didn't give him a choice, she wasn't letting him see them yet she was raping him for close to $1000 a month in child support. He figured once they were older they would search him out to find out the truth.

They are 19 and 16 now and he happened to run across them on myspace.com. I'll refer to them herein after as #1 and #2 son. He sent friend requests to them both and received a rather hateful response from #2 son. I'm sure due to the lies his mother has told him over the years. The #2 son made his profile private so dh is not able to view it. The #1 son never responded but kept his page public, dh did say he was always the more emotional, quiet one. It was kind of an odd coincidence too that #1 son starting putting more pictures of himself on his page that weren't there when dh first found it. Dh made a bit of a mistake though, he took pictures off #1 son's page and put them on his own page. This pissed everyone off and #1 son made his page private and we also both got scathing emails from the ex.

Why do people have to be so hateful? Dh never did anything wrong yet this woman has made him out to be such a bad person, he's not! He's always treated me and our children with nothing but respect and love. I just hope one day she gets what's coming to her and that his sons will come around.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    I'm depressed. Nothing to do, nowhere to go. I'm alone in the world, not a friend in sight or a sunset over the horizon. I want to move away and never look back, but there's something keeping me here. The person who I am and the person who I want to be have never been so different.
    I think we've all gone through these feelings before so don't feel alone in that. But you may do well to talk to your doctor about your feelings of depression because not everyone can get out of their funk on their own. I hope you can get some good professional advice. As for friends, look for some at your local library. If you can work, that is a great place to meet new people and will give you something to do, with a paycheck as an added bonus! Also, if you're out of school I suggest taking some higher education classes. Doesn't have to be a four year college, can be a technical school or just some classes of interest such as art, photograpy, or cooking.

Your interests won't usually find you, you have to find them! What do you like to do? There has to be something! You don't have to be good at it to pursue it. If you like music, find a hobby or job with that. I'm sure if you try hard enough you can find something fun to do.

I can think of a whole list of things you might like to pursue, and each of these categories has several different aspects among them to choose from:

cooking
    art
    music
    photography
    fishing
    boating / water sports
    camping
    reading
    web design
    cleaning
    gardening
    sewing
    babysitting
    teaching
    mentoring
    volunteer work
    working with animals
    hairstylist
    make-up artist
    tatoo artist
    clothing design

Okay, I think you get my point! You have friends - your Fort friends!

Our city just had funerals for two soldiers that came back from the war in caskets.

FOUR more from our Princess Patricia military base were just killed yesterday in "Bloody Thursday" in Afghanistan. 10 more soldiers wounded. The worst day for Canadian soldiers there yet.

More funerals to watch and more grief for families and loved ones. Even though I know none of them, this does not get any easier.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I agree, misskitty. Every time I hear of more lives lost in this war, I have to walk away from the tv..it's SO depressing. It's gone on WAY too long.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread