+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2005Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

misskitty, I wish the very best for your cousin, and all your family. Cancer really IS a family affair.

Some good news about the policeman who got shot here a couple of weeks ago. My son and his partner transported him to the airport day before yesterday. He went to a rehab in Atlanta which is supposed to be one of the best. My son said that the man has some sensation in one leg. That's a good sign, I think. Also, his paralysis is from the chest down, not neck. He has some use of his arms.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    misskitty, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I think you just being there for her (to talk to or vent or commiserate) is of great comfort to her. I hope she beats this. YOU hang in there, too.

misskitty, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. That would be terrible to think that you're finally free of something only to learn that you're not.

Unklescott, that is very sad, but it is a small, but very important relief that it actually didn't happen in the air. The results could have been devastating to much more than one family.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    First time posting here and had to vent. My family has had a heck of a year. We lost my baby niece to a freak virus after heart surgery and complications at birth, our uncle died unexpectedly to a blood clot after fighting cancer and my son lost his grandfather. And to top it off i took a low paying job to be closer to home and found out today i am not getting the promised promotion but instead will have to train the new gal who will be over me in my department. I am blessed in every way imaginable but dang sometimes it is hard to keep my chin up. Thanks for letting me spout off, i am the cheerleader in my house and it gets a little hard to do without having a place to let go....
    thanks again...

Oh my lord, snickertink. That is one horrible year. So much tragedy to so many members of your family! . And then to move and have the job not turn out as you expected. Well, that would just be the clincher. I'm glad you are closer to home though. You probably find some comfort in that as well. Here's hoping that your company realizes your value and you get promoted instead....or you find something you like better! As a fellow cheerleader, I understand how difficult it can sometimes become. Keep your chin up. There's lot of comfort to be had here on the Fort!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

snickertink: My condolences to you and your family. Mercy, that's alot to handle. Even cheerleaders need to refresh their spirit as they help others to keep their spirit up. This is a great place for support. Here's hoping things are on the upswing for you.

As for me, I hope I am not borrowing trouble, but I am asking for prayers. My mom will have knee surgery in a couple weeks. She is 80 and in otherwise excellent health. It is laser surgery and she'll go home the same day but general anethesia is required. I guess I'd rather not take chances. Hence the pre-emptive prayers. Thanks!

To all of you please accept this as my thoughts and prayers being with you!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!
    Thank you so much Misskitty and Anemon for your kind words. I know they are all in a better place and at least i have a job to complaine about. many don't.

Anemon, you and your mom have my prayers. Seems like it is ok to go through it your self but boy is it hard seeing a loved one go through surgery. I'm thinking of you and yours.

MRD
    As I have had many thoughts and prayers sent my way and my family's, I return it by sending out thoughts and prayers for all of you that are hurting at the moment and that need prayers and a place to vent. This is a terrific place to do that. Everyone here is so caring.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey
    I'm sorry to read about the bad things everyone's been experiencing lately and I hope you guys know that I do think about you all and keep you in my thoughts throughout my busy days. I'm glad we have each other. As you all know, I'm just a PM away if any of you want to talk more about anything or if you need a goofy "Pet" or "Pom is Spastic" story to keep your mind off things.

snickertink, WELCOME and I'm glad to see you in here. We're all here for you.

Like you, I've watched my family have a wicked rough year (well, since November 2005). My elderly parents have been through too many calamaties to list right now so I'm just popping in to see if you guys would please keep my two parents in your thoughts and prayers, along with everyone else.

The very, very brief upshot is that they both moved back to their house last week after it was restored following an April fire. While away from the house my mother was living in a hotel and my father was in the hospital.

They're both back in their house and their health is bad, but my father's health is deteriorating rapidly; his health is really, really, really bad. We kids are doing our best for our parents but it's been rough watching them go through so much. I'm hoping their doctors will have good input on their situation this week.

I'm doing an all-nighter 'cause I'm not having much luck falling asleep. Your thoughts and prayers for my mother and father would be most appreciated.Thanks a bunch, you guys.

+ Reply to Thread