+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1554Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

JenTheSurvivah: I'll bet he's a "special friend"
    Oh he's a good friend of mine...despite the fact that we live in opposite ends of the country and he's a year or two younger than me! Don't think I'm going all Demi Moore on him!
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Attachment 17785
    This isn't personal, but has saddened me and our country greatly. Two RCMP officers, shot in the line of duty, just died after struggling in hospital from gunshot wounds to the head for a week. The RCMP partners passed within two hours of each other. They answered a domestic dispute which turned into a car chase which escalated into a shootout. The shooter is still at large. The young man leaves a wife and 9 month old, and the young native woman leaves children as well. It has been just over a year since four RCMP officers were massacred in a surprise shootout near Mayerthorpe.

I respect all officers of the law who put their lives on the line protecting us. May they rest in peace
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:05 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty, that is so sad. We also have a young policeman in the hospital here. He was shot a couple of weeks ago and is paralyzed from the neck down. No amount of money is enough to do what these people do. God bless them all.

I agree, Muduh. I always say these policemen and women do not earn near enough for what all they do.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

More bad news. My cousin who lives in Seattle has fallen ill again with cancer. This is her third time. Her breast cancer, which was slow growing, was successfully removed by surgery and her reconstruction went well. She was cancer--free for five years. Then they found a small growth near her underarm which again was successfully removed. She was fine for another year.

They recently discovered an irritation in her lower lung, which has caused a fluid buildup. She's had more than a litre of fluid removed and even though there are many options and she has amazing doctors, this may be the time she will need to do chemo.

Her spirit has definitely taken a blow this time around. She never expected to be in this position once again. Although now realizing that once you've had cancer, you may never really be "free" of it. There's not much I can say, except to repeat the positives already told to her. Wish I could do more.

Please send prayers. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    God bless them all.
    I agree. I just saw on the local news that a Columbus P.D. helicopter pilot I know had a heart attack and died as he was preparing to take off today. Thank God he wasn't in the air when it happened.

misskitty: I am sorry to hear about your cousin. I am sending prayers her way. You are right to keep encouraging her -- a positive attitude helps in the healing process.

Unklescott:My condolences. God bless his family.

misskitty - prayers go out your way for your cousin. that is really sad. sorry to hear this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Thanks everyone. We're trying to stay positive once again.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Attachment 17785
    This isn't personal, but has saddened me and our country greatly. Two RCMP officers, shot in the line of duty, just died after struggling in hospital from gunshot wounds to the head for a week. The RCMP partners passed within two hours of each other. They answered a domestic dispute which turned into a car chase which escalated into a shootout. The shooter is still at large. The young man leaves a wife and 9 month old, and the young native woman leaves children as well. It has been just over a year since four RCMP officers were massacred in a surprise shootout near Mayerthorpe.

I respect all officers of the law who put their lives on the line protecting us. May they rest in peace
    These stories always break my heart, especially now that my son is a police officer.

+ Reply to Thread