+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1771Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Harmoj, I'm so glad you don't have to have surgery, and that you finally got your cast off. I broke my arm when I was 15, and being in a cast is certainly not fun. I was thrilled when I graduated to a brace, and could finally shower without a plastic bag. Besides, when you get an itch, you can actually scratch it. Good luck with your therapy, I'm sure you'll do well.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Harmoj, I'm glad you graduated to a brace. Can you still pick up the kitties for a hug? That's very important For all of you!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Not troubles; just sadness.

I sent my first friend off to war last night. We went to his deployment ceremony at 4:30 yesterday (Invocation Ceremony? what do they call it?), to dinner, and then the busses WERE supposed to come at 7pm and they'd leave at 7:30. Instead, the busses didn't show up until 9:05 and they left at 9:30. Go figure.. busses can't show up on time for such an important occasion.

The saddest part was that he was leaving his 5 year old daughter. Sweet little Ashley was having a rough time of it throughout the day, but all night she had been a little trouper. But the minute the bus pulled into the armory driveway she got a look of horror on her face, ran to her daddy, and burst into tears! Not a dry eye in the near vicinity. It was horrible... simply horrible.

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Broadway, I cannot imagine the terror and sadness that must overcome these families when they see those buses pull up, their loved ones climb aboard and then drive away. It is incomprehensible to me and I hope that I never have to experience it.

I've got a friend that I worked with whose husband returned from Iraq about a year ago and she says he's still going thru counseling and is still not right...stays up all night, keeps a light on at night, hates crowds, has to sit on the end of any row of seats so he can "escape" if need be, etc. This from a man who was the life of the party and now he can't stand crowds.

The other night when we were celebrating the 4th at my brother's house, one of the guys that was there had served in Iraq and when it came near time for the fireworks, he went to the back of the house, cut the lights off in the room he was in and took a nerve pill and curled up into a ball. Fireworks terrify him now...and he's only 23!!!!!!!! It was pitiful........

Its heartbreaking all the way around....

I wish your friend and their family Godspeed.
    Last edited by bbnbama; 07-06-2006 at 10:04 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Ugh, I can't imagine how sad that must have been. Your friend and family are in my thoughts.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Broadway, that brought tears to my eyes! I'll say a prayer that he comes back safe to his family.

bbnbama, I'm sorry your friends are having a hard time readjusting. I hope they can find peace and comfort in time.

My husband's reserve unit was called up a couple of years ago and he spent a year in Iraq, with a leave in the middle to come home for two weeks. He's a helicopter pilot so wasn't on the ground as much. I think the guys on the frontline walking the streets and dealing with the insurgents on a daily basis are the one's having the worst of it. He adjusted well on his return but it took him a while to get his sleep pattern back. Maybe because he's older and had served active duty for years prior to going he was able to come out of it relatively unscathed.

It's sad to see men on corners with signs saying "Vietnam vet, will work for food". I hope none of our recent war heroes wind up like that.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh Broadway, that brought me to tears. That is simply just so sad. I will say a prayer that he has a safe return to his family
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

MRD
    Oh Broadway, that is just too sad.
    My prayers are with him and his family as they are with all our troops.

I hate this stupid war and I wish it would end.

But while I hate the war, I do support our fighting men and women. They are doing a herioc and often unsupported job.

And I'm so sorry to hear about the returning soldiers having a hard time readjusting. I hope that they are able to get the help they need to help them over the readjustment.

War is a terrible thing for everyone: soldiers, families, etc. My heart just breaks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh, Broadway, that brought me to tears. That poor baby. I hate seeing children hurting like that. She and her family are in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Oh Broadway, that is very sad.

I too feel for all the soldiers and their families. Just today we have yet another Can. Soldier's body coming home from Afghanistan. He recently told his family, he wants to come home so very bad, he was almost ready to fake suicide to his superiors. He would have been home in 3 weeks from his tour of duty. He couldn't wait that long. And Life didn' let him either.

I hate wars.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread