+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1973Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Stinkerbell, do your homework on the academics angle. Around here, some of the Catholic schools are among the tops academically, but a lot are not. Check out your state's "report card" for the public and Catholic schools, SAT and/or ACT scores, etc.

Someone earlier mentioned the AP courses and I highly recommend looking in to those. My grand daughter and her cousin, my grandson both took all of those that were available and they were both accepted to more than one good university. I'm sure that the kids at Catholic school were too, but just saying that there is always more than one option.

I am not very objective, because as a kid, I went to five schools in six years and that made a lasting impression on me. Thankfully, I was able to spend my highschool years at one place but the constant changing before that was a nightmare.

MRD
    I talked to my doctor today on the phone and found out that the results of last Friday's biopsy won't be available until next week. Originally he said they would have them tomorrow. Now I see him on the 5th, so I have to wait another week and this waiting is hard. Is it? or isn't it?

And I've developed an infection from the invasiness of the biopsy. Fortunately, he called in a perscription and I didn't have to go in. I just told him my symptoms on the phone and he knew what it was and called in antibiotics. Meanwhile I have fever and feel like poop on toast and my back hurts over my kidneys. He told me to take the pain pills he gave me last week. That's been the only "high" point in my day today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mudah: A big piece of that cake sounds wonderful! Thank you.

gabriel: Thanks for the advice. I'll use it next time. I had to turn it on to see if it would work.... and then I thought it might be the battery...too late for the hairdryer. They said it might be two weeks until I know.

myrosiedog: "I have fever and feel like poop on toast.." I do not want to imagine THAT Ewww. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like your body is breaking down. I would check my warranty and see if I can exchange it for a new one!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think everybody has a bad year. Mine was 2000. I was raggedy for most of that year. I won't go into details because they are unpleasant for a mixed audience. I did have a couple of hospital stays, one of which required a transfusion. That is a scary procedure and, surprisingly enough, it was painful. Who would have thought? One thing I did learn is that you should be very nice to the nurse assistants! They can make all the difference in your hospital experience. My second stay, I not only was able to get the same room again, but I also had the same wonderful assistants helping me out! It didn't hurt that I remembered their names, either! These wonderful women totally spoiled me!

I've been on the upswing since 2000, so myrosiedog, you hang in there! Hope you feel better soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rosie, my problem isn't near as serious as yours, and I am praying for a positive outcome for you!

I just walked out on my job where I have been for over 3 years. Not sure how I feel, but sure that I will NEVER let anyone talk to me like I am a second class citizen like the man who signed my paychecks just did. It was over a customer who is an elderly invalid who could not come in to pick out her new mattress in person, and is on her 3rd selection. I could understand if she was physically able to come in, or even if she lived far away, and it cost us major bucks to deliver to her. But she lives TWO BLOCKS from our warehouse, and is physically unable to come to the store. It's a long story, but the owner of the store I manage basically turned into a very ugly person who I chose to part ways with. I will not be rude to anyone ever without a really good reason, and I was instructed to be rude to her. So I am now jobless. Now, as a single mother who gets a mere $380 a month from my ex-husband, I am a little scared as to how I am going to get another job in time to take care of my family. It is a painful slap in the face sometimes to realize that some people don't have the slightest care in the world for people less fortunate than they are. Karma can be a b#$ch, and I hope my ex-boss gets a big dose of his own medicine one day!
    Go Tigers!

Things will be ok, Snoopy. You did the right thing and that will come back on you with a better job. Good for you for standing up for what is right.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    I'm depressed because everyone around me has a lot of nice things that I don't. We live in a nice neighborhood, and we do OK, but it's like everything is on a lesser scale than everyone else. Car, house, no computers, no I-pods, etc.

AND I got in a humongous fight with my mom about it, and she's really angry. Tips on how to appologize?
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think everybody has a bad year. Mine was 2000. I was raggedy for most of that year. I won't go into details because they are unpleasant for a mixed audience. I did have a couple of hospital stays, one of which required a transfusion. That is a scary procedure and, surprisingly enough, it was painful. Who would have thought? One thing I did learn is that you should be very nice to the nurse assistants! They can make all the difference in your hospital experience. My second stay, I not only was able to get the same room again, but I also had the same wonderful assistants helping me out! It didn't hurt that I remembered their names, either! These wonderful women totally spoiled me!

I've been on the upswing since 2000, so myrosiedog, you hang in there! Hope you feel better soon.
    Photoshay, I feel for you. I've had 2 transfusions and I have small veins, so the nurses got impatient as the blood has to be totally in you in a certain amount of time. I told the one not to speed up the drip. They brought my dinner in, I dropped something, leaned down to pick it up and there was blood EVERYWHERE. It was coming back out of my arm around the needle because there was no where for it to go in the vein. I called the nurse back in and she had a fit. I said: "I told you it has to go in slower or this is what happens". She didn't like that much and I didn't like having to wait for the cafeteria to bring me another dinner as mine was ruined.
    I really didn't find it painful, but it made me kind of itchy.

Yeah, I'm having a bad decade it seems and not a year.
    I'm really trying to feel better and I was doing great up until last week.
    But thanks everyone. The waiting for results and the kidney infection have not been fun. I will be glad when this is over.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    I'm depressed because everyone around me has a lot of nice things that I don't. We live in a nice neighborhood, and we do OK, but it's like everything is on a lesser scale than everyone else. Car, house, no computers, no I-pods, etc.

AND I got in a humongous fight with my mom about it, and she's really angry. Tips on how to appologize?
    Just go up to your mom, put your arms around her and say: I'm sorry we fought.

Just a note here: It doesn't matter where you are in life and what income level, there will ALWAYS be people with more and better than you have.

The way to be happy is to not be jealous of what everyone else has, but to be happy with what YOU have. And I know you are young, so let me tell you, right now you probably won't appreciate this, but you have a lot of things we don't have on this board and 3 things I in particular do not have: youth, health, parents.

Make the most of it because when they are gone, they are GONE!!!

Here's a little bit of a song from Sheryl Crow:
    Soak up the Sun

My friend the communist
    Holds meetings in his RV
    I can't afford his gas
    So I'm stuck here watching TV
    I don't have digital
    I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want
    It's wanting what you've got

the last 2 lines say it all.

So go tell your mom you are sorry and she will forgive you because she's your mom and loves you.

-------------------

Snoopy, thanks and I will be saying prayers for you for a job and karma can be a good thing because you did what you knew was right and hopefully that good karma will come back to you as well. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread