+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940801305301030 ... LastLast
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I just read this today as well, and am so sorry, Dinah. Everything I would say in response has already been said by others here, but please know we are here for you. I absolutely cannot imagine what you, your daughter, your son-in-law, and the rest of the family are going through. It's no wonder you're feeling a huge variety of emotions - a beautiful wonderful happy day turned tragic, and there is no reason to apologize for what you are feeling.
    PS - your daughter is beautiful.

Dinah, I add my heartfelt thoughts, prayers, and hugs to those already mentioned. I can't imagine the feelings of loss on such a happy event in one's life, but I feel he was so proud to be able to marry his only son to your daughter. Your daughter is so gorgeous. My prayers to both families.

Angel boy
    Dinah, I also just read this post today. I am so sorry for the tragedy that befell what was supposed to be a happy celebration. Many thoughts, prayers, and hugs go out to you and your new extended family. Your daughter was absolutely stunning.
    America- love it or leave it!

Dinahann - I, too, just read your post. My thought and prayers and deepest sympathies are with you and your daughter and your extended family.

I do wish to step up and congratulate your daughter, who looked just radiant, and new son-in-law on their marriage, as you shouldn't forget that because of their love and commitment, the families were brought together. You mentioned your daughter's father-in-law beaming with pride over being able to officiate at the ceremony - how truly beautiful that he was there with all of you to witness this coming together, this love, and be a such a special part of it.

My heart aches for you and your family, now extended family, and for the joy you only so briefly experienced before his tragic and untimely passing. We can never pretend to understand why things happen in the time that they do. I find it both lovely and poignant that your daughter and new son-in-law went to the church so late at night, to share their first dance as husband and wife. It is a blessing that they will be able to find the strength, together now as husband and wife, to work through their grief, and to find comfort and solace in one another.

In time, on their anniversary, he will instead remember the joy in his father's eyes, they will instead remember the strength they found in their love, and together they will be ever reminded not to take any day for granted.

Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey
    That is so true, ADKLove. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and yours, dinahann.
    And your daughter is so beautiful!! You must be so proud of her.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    In time, on their anniversary, he will instead remember the joy in his father's eyes, they will instead remember the strength they found in their love, and together they will be ever reminded not to take any day for granted.

Very well said ADKLove.

ETA: Dinah, your daughter looked beautiful on her special day
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am so so sorry Dinahann..to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. *hug*
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Dinahann~ Sorry to hear about your loss. Your family and son in laws family are in my prayers. May God bless and comfort you through this very difficult time.

ADK, that was a beautiful post, very well said.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Dinah, your daughter looks absolutely stunning.

+ Reply to Thread