+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Jluvs- so glad to hear that.... prayers going out from SC!!

Stars - I am glad to hear that at least ONE of your roomies had a conscience! And that you have an addition to the wardrobe!
    Go Tigers!

MRD
    Just got back from the urologist today and they have found a spot on my bladder and a nodule on my adrenal gland that sits on top of the kidney. They would not make any guesses, but I am scheduled for a general anethesia biopsy on Fri. So the speed at which they scheduled this has me a little concerned. Well more than a little.
    I finally start feeling the best I've felt in over 3 years and have lost 75 pounds and now this!
    Honestly, I am a little scared.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog you're in my thoughts & prayers... Being scheduled so quickly is sometimes good, sometimes bad. Try to keep yourself calm, I know it's hard. Take care of yourself.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;1937436 And for [B
    gabriel, snoopy, and misskitty [/B]- Circle, circle, dot, dot now I've got my cootie shot! (I hope I'm not the only one who's ever heard of that!)
    OMG I haven't heard that in YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Just got back from the urologist today
    Honestly, I am a little scared.
    myrosiedog - you know thoughts are coming your way for the best outcome.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

myrosiedog: fingers and paws crossed for a good result on Friday.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

For a variety of reasons the company I work for is going through a difficult period. It's likely that there willl be no raises this year (I've been there 20 years and that will be the first time that has happened) and probably no bonuses. We are looking at ways to improve productivty. (Actually we are pretending to look for ways). We have hired a consultant to come in to tell us how to cut costs. For some reason I find that amusing.
    We have told our head office that one of the ways that we are working on increasing our margins is to rely on temporary help, which should give us flexibility in staffing. Meanwhile, our general plant foreman, sensing that tough times are ahead has been hiring our temps into full time positions so that it will be harder to get rid of them. When our controller found out, she was visibly shocked and gasped "we've been lying to head office". Today was an interesting day for that to happen, since tomorrow she and our general manager have their monthly meeting with head office to discuss last month's results and our plans for the future.
    Every couple of years we hire consultants to tell us how to run the company more efficiently. Each time they come, they tell senior management things that they don't want to hear and the consultant is sent on his way with a big cheque. And we change a few job titles to show that we've learnt something. One of the things that several of the consultants have said is that the general plant foreman, several other foreman and their boss, the Director of Manufacturing should be fired or at the very least demoted; because none of them have any skills required to supervise and in the case of the Director of Manufacturing has a complete inability to make a decision.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

myrosiedog - thoughts and prayers go out to you. we're all here for you.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

myrosiedog, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and hope that all turns out well.

William13, I hope things get better at work. Maybe it's time to move on? Easier said than done though, right?!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post

myrosiedog - you know thoughts are coming your way for the best outcome.

Ok, Gabriel, I needed a good laugh today. God knows I needed it, but apparantly my mind must be way gone because I found your sentence to be hilariously funny since we were talking about my bladder and you said "best outcome". I know, it's not even a good joke, but for some reason I just fell all over myself. I think the stress has made me punchy.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I feel like bad luck schleprock here as it seems that nothing good has happened to me or any of my friends in ages.
    You guys might want to distance yourself from me, I am apparantly THE bad luck amulet of the century. Maybe I should get an exorcism or something.

Seriously, thanks guys, it means a lot to me to know you all care.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Hang in there myrosiedog....we're all sending good thoughts your way!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread