+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 1222 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839791295291029 ... LastLast
Like Tree1560Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Oh Dinah, I just sat here and cried reading that. How awful for everyone involved. It's just one of the most tragic things I've ever heard. I would definitely take comfort in the fact (as Unk so eloquently put it) that the father was probably having one of the happiest days of his life when he passed away.

Don't for one second feel guilty about the horrible ending to your daughter's wedding . It's only natural that you would want only joy on her special day. It's obviously too fresh and raw at the moment, but perhaps one day, you could have an intimate gathering to celebrate properly. Best wishes, honey. My heart just goes out to you and your family.
    Oh Dina -
    I am totally at a loss for words and can only echo what Stargazer and Unk have already said. I know how much you had looked forward to this day. I too hope that when some time passes your family will look back on this day and remember the love and pride that the groom's father was feeling right before he passed rather than the shock and sadness you are all feeling now. I know that your daughter and her new husband will have many happy days in their future, in spite of this great tragedy.

Please know that your FORT friends are here for you...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

So many people have gone before me with better words of support than I could muster. I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of sad and sympathetic friends you have here on the FORT. I'm sitting here in shock, really, having read about what happened. It's so tragic and painful. Best wishes to you, your family, and your new son-in-law's family as you grieve your loss.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

How very tragic, Dinahann. I'm really sorry.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Oh, Dinahann. I have nothing to add to what the others have said. I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family, both new and old.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I just wanted to thank you all again for the support, love and prayers expressed by all my fellow FoRTers. I am so grateful for you all. My heart just goes out to my daughter's husband; only time can dim the loss of his father. The memory of what happened will always overshadow the celebration of their anniversary, but it has been wonderful to see the outpouring of love for my daughter by his family. It will be okay.

I am going to try to post a picture of my daughter so that you can all see what a beautiful bride she was.

Again, than you all, and Bless you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your daughter is just beautiful, Dina.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

She is just radiant Dina! Beautiful! I love the daisies, they are so youthful and fresh-looking.

I am thankful for them that he lived to be a part of their wedding and share in their joy during the actual ceremony. I know that they will be okay, and continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

i can't add anything that hasn't been said, dinah. but i wanted to offer you a and let you know your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

What a glowing bride. Simply beautiful, Dinah
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh Dinahann, I am so sorry to hear that. I was just getting caught up on this thread when I came across your post. As I was reading it, I was crying. My condolences to you, your daughter, her husband, and the rest of the family. Like so many others have said, take comfort in knowing that the father was having one of the happiest days of his life. Everyone involved is in my thoughts and prayers.

Feel free to pm or email me if you need to talk
    Last edited by combatcutie; 10-11-2004 at 11:26 AM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread