+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738781285281028 ... LastLast
Like Tree1772Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    ...just think how happy and proud the groom's father was in his final moments as he got to marry his son and spend that time with the people he loved, his family, and doing God's calling...
    Unklescott, you're right, and that's what his wife said. She was remarkably calm afterwards, at the hospital. And he was so very happy. Thanks again to all of you who responded, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers. We'll get through this.

Dinahann, that is such a horrible thing to happen and have to go through. I think Unk said it best. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable and stressful things are for your family right now. Hope you are able to pull some sort of strength out of knowing a lot of people here and elsewhere will be praying and thinking about your family. No need to feel any guilt, whatsoever, over the ruined wedding. It's a *normal* reaction anyone would have.

FORT Fogey
    Oh Dina... I have no words. Any time you need to talk, everyone here at the Fort is here for you.

Dina, I feel so sorry for you and your family's loss. It's unfortunate something like this happened. You're in my thoughts and prayers and feel free to PM me anytime if you need to talk. *hugs*

Dinah, what a horrible thing for you and your family. My very sincerest condolences. We're all here for you.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

How horrible for you all. I feel so badly for everyone of you. I agree with Unk and the others. He died surrounded by people he loved and who loved him. He must have felt very blessed. I know you feel cheated out of the rest of the festivities. I would too. I'm thinking of you.

How awful Dinah, in just so many ways that is so awful. It's so sad for your son in law and his family but for your daughter too.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Thank you all again for your concern. I spoke with my daughter again a little earlier. They are still traveling - I don't think they'll make it all the way there tonight and I hope they stop to rest. Please just keep us in your prayers.
    Bless you all.

Oh Dinah, I just sat here and cried reading that. How awful for everyone involved. It's just one of the most tragic things I've ever heard. I would definitely take comfort in the fact (as Unk so eloquently put it) that the father was probably having one of the happiest days of his life when he passed away.

Don't for one second feel guilty about the horrible ending to your daughter's wedding . It's only natural that you would want only joy on her special day. It's obviously too fresh and raw at the moment, but perhaps one day, you could have an intimate gathering to celebrate properly. Best wishes, honey. My heart just goes out to you and your family.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Oh Dina, I'm so sorry.

+ Reply to Thread