+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    Right before he went into surgery they had told him about the 100% clogged vessal and he told my mom to call his golfting buddy because "that beats his 98% he is always bragging about" . Per my sister when my mom talked to his friend, his comment was "yeah but I got 5 bypasses done".

Men.......
    nlmcp, I hope your Dad is doing well--love the attitude! And for your aunt lildago, I'm glad to hear this good news!
    MRD, hang in there, baby!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Per my sister my dad is keeping up a running commentary in the hospital and is doing better hour by hour.

I'm hoping everyone with medical issues gets better, it's seems to be a wave of medical concerns? Get healthy and lets stay healthy everyone.

I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Good to hear things are improving for most everyone. Cardiac surgeons and their teams are normally awesome. I've heard that one of the most difficult things is for heart patients to give themselves the time they need to get better. You can't just get up and get going all of a sudden.

myrosiedog: It sounds like you are getting frustrated but I'm glad that you and hubby are smart and checking back in to the ER when you need to.

nlmcp: Your Dad has a great attitude! Heart surgery comparisons: Like Kate said to Sawyer and Jack on Lost: "Shall I get out a ruler?"
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On friday I was really sick. I was vomiting a lot and I'd barely eaten anything all day. What was I throwing up? I couldn't stop and it lasted well into the night, and I was so tired but I couldn't fall asleep because every five minutes I'd have to run to the bathroom. Eventually, I fainted and my parents called an ambulance. I went to the hospital (where I vomited and fainted again, egh) and got an IV (3 bags) with something for my stomach. I stayed all of friday night and most of yesterday. I went for some tests and blood work to make sure everything was all right, and it's pretty clear. I'm home now and I feel better but I do feel kind of dizzy still. My sister has the same thing now (which I feel terrible about) and she couldn't get in the hospital because the wait was too long. So she's basically just taking gravol and throwing them up. It's really bad and I cant even help her cause it's contagious. Has anyone else gotten sick lately with something similar to this? It's really brutal.

HappyCynic, I don't know where you live in Canada, but in Montreal there is a bug Gastro virus that is running around. My sister, who is 8 weeks pregnant, has been vomiting (and not the pregnant kind) for the last 3 days. You probably fainted because you were dehydrated. Your sister should drink lots of Pedialyte and eat nothing for a while.

In a way, you were lucky you fainted and went to the hospital in an ambulance. You got to see a doctor right away and they gave you IV. My sister went last night to the ER and she waited 5 hours to see a doctor. She left before she could see one because she wasn't able to stay up anymore.

That sounds like a horrible Big Bad Bug! Keep it on your side of the country will you PLEASE?

I hope you feel better soon HappyCynic. That was smart to go to the hospitable. You never really know what it could be.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

DesertRose - How miserable for your poor sister. Hope she feels better soon.

happyCynic - I'll second what DesertRose said. Drink fluids, Pedialyte, Gatorade, whatever works for you. Then, when you are up to it, try the BRAT diet - Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast - until you feel up to heavier fare. Hope you and your sister feel better soon, too!

Misskitty - That bug has made it out west down here already.
    Mom, nephew and I got it after the funeral. Luckily not so bad as happyCynic, just enough to take to bed for a day or two. At first we thought it was a stress thing. Then we figured, since we the host/hostesses for all the condolence visits, we picked up a bug. Found out later it was going around.

Pedialyte is a lifesaver, happyCynic - I always have some on hand. They even make it in the form of freezer pops to you can get it slowly rather than having to drink it. I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I'm hoping you and your sister will be on the mend soon.

I'm hoping everyone who isn't well is better soon

My bad news: Some of you may remember last summer when my parents' neighbor went missing for 24 hours and then just came back. His lung condition was keeping him from getting enough Oxygen and he just "spaced out." Well, my mom just called to tell me that he passed away yesterday. This wasn't really a surprise - we (my family) sort of felt like this last 8 or 9 months was a gift, since we were thinking that he had died when he disappeared. Apparently, he just started withdrawing from the world this past week - stopped eating, talking, etc. His wife - even though she knew it was coming - is a wreck. They were married during WWII. He was a Pearl Harbor survivor and just a really nice man. I think my dad is really upset about it, but he's keeping it in. He spent some time with him this last week while his wife was shopping (he couldn't be left alone) and said that he wasn't really cohererent. Those two spent HOURS talking about nothing over the 30+ years since my family moved into that house.

SO - hug your fathers, grandfathers, uncles, etc.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Critical, I'm sorry for your family's loss. I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm happy your dad got to spend some extra time with him before his passing

HappyCinic, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, but were able to get to see a doctor. Drink lots of fluids (I know everyone said Pedialyte, but there is a new thing called Vitamin Water that works wonders also. It is just like Pedialyte. If they have it in your area, give it a try)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Pedialyte is a lifesaver, happyCynic - I always have some on hand. They even make it in the form of freezer pops to you can get it slowly rather than having to drink it.
    Those pedialyte pops work for hangovers too...or so I have been told.

+ Reply to Thread