+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1980Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD
    nlmcp hope your dad is ok.

Well I got to go BACK to the hospital yesterday. In the ambulance no less.
    I woke up feeling queasy and sick and COLD. Stayed in bed under the covers and slept off and on. Hubby comes home and says: "why is the house 78 degrees? It's hot in here". I tell him I don't feel good and I'm cold.
    He asks if I had eaten or had anything to drink and I tell him no, my stomach is too queasy for anything, then he notices that my nails are blue. I was having chest pains, but thought it was heartburn from not eating. So he calls EMS. They come in, do an EKG, that looks fine, but decide I'm really dehydrated and need to go to the ER. ER does lots of bloodwork, EKG, chest xray, says its not the heart, probably the stomach. A bag of fluid and some stuff for nausea later and I got to come back home.

Damn, this surgery is kicking my butt. I can't seem to get past a certain point on the getting well stage. I haven't improved much this week. And yesterday was a definete setback. UGH. I hate this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh, wasn't that fun? I also spent several hours in the ER yesterday. My little grandkid was running through the hall at other grandmothers house, hit his foot on something and tore a pretty big chunk out. He got several shots, many stitches and two popsicles. We brought him home, to his house, to let him play with his toys for a while before coming on to our house for the night. He hadn't had dinner and I kept asking if he was hungry. finally, just before we left his house, he asked if we could go buy chicken nuggets. He decided to add fries and a hamburger to his order. He ate the whole thing, with a coke and the cookies that come with the meal. He is sleeping it off right now. His dad gets off work shortly and will come to pick him up. He will be one happy little boy. He and his dad are a real team.

I hope that you ALL are doing well, or better at least, today.

Nancy, wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall to hear the old geezers swap "near death experiences"? Modern day war stories, you know. I expect that your dad will be back on the course soon. Hope so, anyway.

nlmcp, sounds like he's in good spirits about everything! That's always good. I'll be thinking of your dad and praying for a healthy recovery.

myrosiedog, hang in there! You'll get over that hump soon. Take care and eat well.

Mudah
    , how scary! I'm glad your grandson is doing alright. I'm sure he'll be back up and running around in no time. They sure seem to bounce back quickly.

My aunt is going into surgery right now. I appreciate everyone's prayers and well wishes. I'll post news when I have it. The hardest part is sitting here waiting. I hate not being there!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Positive thoughts and prayers to all those who need them. Keep us posted on how things turned out for those who needed surgery.

Saying prayers for your aunt lildago - hang in there sweetie.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I was hoping I could graduate by this time next year, but apparently it'll be delayed by another semester (delaying it by around six months or so). All because I failed one subject, which I don't even need for my thesis.

Darn.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    lildagoe, sending prayers for your aunt

nlmcp, I hope your dad recovers quickly.

Thoughts and prayers to all those that need it
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My aunt is out of surgery. They replaced the valve and part of her aorta with no complications. Thanks again for all of your prayers. It means alot to have a place like this with people like you.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

That's very good news, isn't it? I hope she makes a rapid recovery and that you get to see her soon.

Sending prayers out to all those with medical issues.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread