+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536761265261026 ... LastLast
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Really, nlmcp? That's weird! Now I have another reason to hate politics.

Combatcutie, Erin, and JD - thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement. We did get some more paperwork since I first posted my "trouble vent", and found out that although the house sold for slightly more than what we were going to purchase it at, the seller did pay all the closing-related costs for the new buyer, which is where the difference in cost and "damages" come into play. The electricity, lawn care, etc I think (like you said) are just add-ons that they're trying to bully out of us. Of course our lawyer is on a long vacation and we won't be able to meet with him until later this month. In the meantime, we're trying so very hard to be patient and just put this in God's hands and know that we'll get through this. Thanks again for your support; I really appreciate it!

DJeterFan, the others are right - first of all, things are slow on the job market right now, and it does typically take a while to get your first job out of college. I do have a suggestion for you, and I'll PM you in a minute.

DJeterFan, the same thing happened to me as well. After I graduated I wanted to spend the summer in Europe because I figured I would never get the chance again, when I can home I had a hard time finding a job. I did not find one until the following February, it was only seasonal. While I was looking I worked as a substitute teacher. Eventually, after 3 seasonal jobs and subbing, I finally got a full time position. I am glad it took so long because once I did find a full time job it was a job that I loved and I ended up getting into a field I would not have originally looked into.
    Good luck with your job search, I am sure something good will come up!

As someone who is perpetually underemployed, I feel your pain, DJ. Something will turn up for you, I'm sure. Hang in there.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I believe in positivity (no, I'm not sure that's a real word, but I like it). Believe in yourself, know that you have believers in us fellow FORTers, and know that your dream job will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Thanks, guys! That make me feel a lot better!
    It's hard not to feel like a failure sometimes! I think, 'what's wrong with me?!'
    But I'm sure there are other graduates in the same boat as me.
    Well, the positive thing is, I have time to come on the FORT during the day! There's positives in everything.
    There's definitely other graduates in the same boat as you. What is your field?

Anyways, I thought I'd update you guys on my tests. I actually am getting the marks back in the opposite order that I wrote them. I ended up getting 57% on the finance quiz :phhht at least it's just quiz and not the midterm. Better to screw up now & learn to smarten up than to screw up on the midterm. On my friday midterm, I ended up getting 75, which is good compared to the rest of the class. There were 6 of us that got above 74 out of a class of 70. 50 of the marks were below 50%. And I haven't got the test i wrote on thursday back yet, that'll be tomorrow. I gotta thank you guys for the encouragement, you made me feel better.

hope you are graded on a curve.. lol..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    hope you are graded on a curve.. lol..
    Yeah, we definitely are , there isn't set grade scale yet. I know a guy who took it last semester and got a 35% on the final (i'm not sure how he did during the rest of the course though) and still got a C. I think he might possibly give out A's to people around 80%. It really depends on how the class as a whole does.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    charliebug. good luck with the law suit and I wonder if you can't sue them back for stress....

the bad news. the van is a total loss. now I have to try and find another used van. and the wife has to give up her hobby till its paid for. all my checks but $5 goes to pay our bills. she not happy.....too damn bad, I got no life except in here, now she can join the "no life" fun. I work a second job just to get gas money to go to work.

JD I would put you up for free here where I live....but Reno is 8 hours away from Vegas. sorry

joeguy you sound like that old joke about luck. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. I hope things get better for you soon and you can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Does your wife work?
    How is your calcium problem now? Hope you're feeling better. Let me know if you need a shoulder to cry on. I like to think that I'm the resident house mother.

+ Reply to Thread