+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1674Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I am so sorry anemone. Your post was very touching. I can't imagine the hurt you must be going through. *hug*

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I'm here to ask for your prayers for my aunt. She's having open heart surgery in a couple weeks. A valve in her heart is 70 % closed so they'll be replacing it with a valve from a pig's heart. We've always been close and she's more like a grandmother to me. She told me today that she's afraid she'll never see us again so we may be flying out there for her surgery. I'm worried about her but confident in her USC doctor. He's world renowned in the field of cardiothoracic surgery. Anyway, before I ramble too much, I'd appreciate your prayers for my Auntie Ang. I need her around for a while longer.
    My aunt checks into the hospital in the morning for an angioplasty. I guess they want to see if there are any other blockages. Her surgery is on Friday. Thanks for your prayers!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Anemone, I am going to call both of my sisters tomorrow. I read your post and thought about how much I take them for granted. I want to thank you for sharing your story. Everyone here is thinking about you, obviously. I hope you will get a little comfort from all the prayers going out for you, mine included.

Dago, they say that "chain prayers" really work- so adding mine to the group now-
    Go Tigers!

My dad is presently in the hospital. He had a heart attack on Tuesday night. He was briefly released from the hospital and then returned and sent to the bigger hospital 75 miles away and is to have a "procudure" today.

As usual my parents are not giving out information and as I can't drop everything and dash the 500 miles home, we are relying on my Aunt for information when we can't get ahold of my parents. She is about as forthcoming as my parents. My older sister will be home from her conference soon and will check this out, but until then, I'm making due with what I know.

So, hoping for prayers, good thoughts etc for him.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    nlmcp and lildago, prayers for both of your relatives.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My thoughts and prayers are with lildago, anemone and nlmcp! I can't imagine losing either of my sisters-after years of separateness, we have all decided to bypass the mother and become close again.

Quick update on my dad. He is having a triple bypass this afternoon sometime.

Spoke to my mom and Aunt (and 2 out of the 3 sisters) so waiting to see what happens and hoping it turns out for the best.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Nancy and dago, I'm thinking of your father and aunt respectively.

nlmcp and lildago. My thoughts are with both of you. I'm sure your dad and aunt will be well respectively. Cardiac surgeons are very very good at what they do.

My Dad had a heart attack last Easter Sunday. It was a timing thing that was off. He now has a pacemaker and is doing incredibly well. My uncle had a quadruple bypass and has been in excellent health for more than 15 years now too. An older friend had a heart attack last spring as well and got a stint. He's been fine as well.

Just know that Me and the kitts are sending good healing energy your way!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The last I heard he was all right, he still hadn't woken up. They had to bypass 4 vessels one of which was 100% clogged and another was 99%.

Right before he went into surgery they had told him about the 100% clogged vessal and he told my mom to call his golfting buddy because "that beats his 98% he is always bragging about" . Per my sister when my mom talked to his friend, his comment was "yeah but I got 5 bypasses done".

Men.......

+ Reply to Thread