+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1563Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I have hesitated posting because I thought that typing the words might somehow make it more real, but it has been two weeks. I think I need to to say this.

My sister passed away suddenly, but truly, not completely unexpectedly, on March 13th of cardiac failure.

She was one of several older sisters, but only I could say she was MY big sister. She taught me about makeup and boys and music beyond Top 40. She got me in trouble with the nuns because she would let me read what she was reading, which was not always appropriate - there was a five year difference in our ages. She encouraged me in all things. When I was younger, she is the sister I could ask anything of and know I could count on her to answer me thoughtfully and with great care for my feelings.

She was beautiful, smart, and caring, yet there was such a vulnerability about her that everyone that met her wanted to take care of her. She smiled from the bottom of her heart.

When we were older our roles changed and I, like others, felt the need to take care of her. I couldn't always, sometimes by her choice, sometimes by mine. She was in a car accident 2 years ago and broke her back in several places. She went through rehab and was able to walk again, but she was in constant pain. She wasn't herself after that.

My faith tells me she is with those that went before her, including her two children who died in infancy, and our dad. I know she is no longer in pain. But I miss her.

Oh honey, Im so sorry. Maybe its time for her to look over you again for awhile. I can't imagine how you must feel right now, but my thoughts are with you.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

anemone, my heart broke for you reading your post. You'll be in my thoughts.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Anemone I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to remember the good times you had with her and know she is in a better place and pain free. I tell myself that all the time after losing my brother to suicide...

MRD
    anemone-my condolences. I have recently suffered a loss too and I know its hard. Just treasure your memories as they will get you through the days ahead and know that you have friends here to vent to and that will help support you in the days ahead.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    anemone: your post touched me because in your post I could feel your ache of losing your sister....I am truly very sorry about your loss....may your precious memories of her bring you comfort in the coming days ahead...

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

anenome, I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better, but there is nothing that can be said.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    anemone: My Mother and I both send our thoughts and prayers! So sorry for your loss and the hard last couple of years.

anemone - my deepest sympathies to you on the death of your sister. Your post was a beautiful homage to her.
    Count your blessings!

Anemone - My sincere condoleances. Your post brought tears to my eyes. .

+ Reply to Thread