+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

myrosiedog - I am sorry that you're feeling bad again. I will say a prayer that things REALLY get better. I hope you don't try to do too much too soon.

Follks - I could use your good vibes. My son Danny left yesterday. He went to Florida to work with 2 of my brothers for a few months. I know he is fine, but I am gonna miss him like crazy. He and I are "uber-close" as he says. He has the opportunity to make a lot of cash in not a lot of time, learn the value of hard work, and the importance of a college education.
    And, because I don't have enough chaos in my life, I have had calls from 2 separate companies for a job. I have an interview set up with one company on Monday, and the other is suppose to call me in the next few days for a phone interview. I am trying to be excited, but for now, I am just kind of sad that my Danny is far away. I miss him playing his guitar too loud and singing silly songs to make me laugh. Must be hormones cuz he has only been gone a day!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    Considering how quickly someone started charging, I'm guessing it was taken. From the office, but I guess someone could have taken it at the nursing home (both are my work areas) There have been several thefts at the office, it's not a very secure building and our area is right by a stairwell, so it could have been cleaning staff, visitiors to another floor just walking in.

I however really don't know. I guess there was time if I had dropped it in the nursing home parking lot for someone determined to get what they could (but it was all gas stations, but the credit union said that's the easiest place to use a debit card if you don't know the PIN)

Between this an my car getting stolen last summer, I could start writing a "what to do, what not to do" book for crime victims. The car theft however still really overshadows the purse.
    How can a thief use a debit card without a PIN?
    It amazes me how many thieves are in the world. I left my purse on the back of my car in a residential area once, and it was taken. I'm sure many of us have similar stories. It's almost like 80% of people are thieves and 20% are honest. Boggles my mind

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    How can a thief use a debit card without a PIN?
    It amazes me how many thieves are in the world. I left my purse on the back of my car in a residential area once, and it was taken. I'm sure many of us have similar stories. It's almost like 80% of people are thieves and 20% are honest. Boggles my mind
    If it is like most it is either a Visa or Mastercard debit card. They can also be used as a credit card...the money still comes out of your account but you don't need the PIN.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

nlmcp - what a pain! I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that. My mom had to go through that last year. It was the pits

Since I didn't know this, nor did my mom, I thought I'd tell you all what happened to her. About a year ago, while she was walking in the park, someone broke into my mom's car and got her credit cards out of her purse, which was in the trunk (she put it there at home, not in the park). The door lock was punched and when she checked her wallet, only the gas card was missing. She immediately called and canceled it, thinking that was it. WELL - in just a few hours, the credit card companies started calling. Apparently, theives don't need your card anymore. They have scanners that take all the info off your card and they can then just go print another card. All of your credit cards can be scanned in a matter of minutes.

Her cards were scanned between 7 and 8 a.m.. By noon, the theives were about 100 miles away charging thousands at Macy's and other stores. They managed to have a drivers license made and everything. My parents had to close ALL of their accounts - credit, checking, etc. They had to fill out a lot of paperwork for several months, but they didn't have to pay for any of the fraudulent charges.

The moral of the story: don't assume that everything is fine just because a theif didn't take your credit cards.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Wow... that is REALLY depressing... so you are never safe....you need to be always checking your credit bills.
    Some sad stories today... hope everyone feels better, gets better, gets their theft under control.
    DesertRose... another reason for tiredness is blood sugar problems... it can make you sleepy if it is too high or weak feeling if too low.
    Well, now that we've thoroughly scared you, let us know what the dr. says--probably that you have both a job and a small child!
    Last edited by PWS; 03-23-2006 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    My problems are not big compared to most of yours, but the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to shake this tiredness and it's affecting my job. I sleep as much as I can with a 14-month-old and go to bed early enough (10), but I'm still always tired, mostly in the afternoon.

DesertRose, this is how I felt every time I was newly pregnant.

It was mentioned earlier but it could be anemia. I'm pretty anemic and don't eat a lot of red meat. If I forget to take my iron, I start feeling really tired and get all pooped out half way through the day.

Definitely have your doctor check it out. There are so many little things it could be. I hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    DesertRose, this is how I felt every time I was newly pregnant.
    Well, I can eliminate this possibility right off the bat! I'm not quite ready to have another one running around right now.

MRD
    Well am back. never thought I would be glad to see a doctor carrying a huge syringe with a 2 inch needle! They drained a ton of fluid off (didint' hurt a bit) and reopened part of the incision so it can continue to drain.
    I feel much better.

I'm definetly not over doing it. I have followed the dr. instructions to the letter regarding rest, exercise, housework and my eating program. He just says that surgeries like mine are very common to have this happen. Yeah, I'm just lucky that way.

I am getting bored. I can't drive, and only a couple people have come to visit. Dh is working 2 jobs at the present, so I am stuck home by myself a lot. Since I can't do much except read, watch tv or play on the computer, I'm really wishing someone would just come pick me up and take me for a ride. Just to get out. I can go in the car, just can't drive.

I'm really starting to get ticked at my friends. They haven't called or come over. My second tier friends have been over, brought books and visited, but the first level of friends have been strangely absent. One only called because she needed something from me.

It's not like I need anything, but I'm bored. Having a half hour visit or a phone call would be nice. Oh well. I guess I have learned a valuable lesson about friendships during this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I wish that we were neighbors. I'd come and visit with you when I had a free minute. I'd even make THE soup.

MRD
    Thanks Muduh, I wish you were closer too and I bet your soup is very tasty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread