+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Thanks Jafo and dago, I have to schedule a routine checkup with my doctor, so I'll mention my tiredness.

Nancy, that sounds like a mess. I'm sorry you're going through that.

DesertRose, tiredness and fatigue is something that plagued me when my daughter was that age. It just feels like they wear you out. However, it could be a sign of something more serious, so be sure to have it checked out. I hope you start feeling better. Being tired all the time makes you feel like you can't get anything accomplished. If all else fails, drink lots of water and go out for a walk once a day. It really helps.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    DesertRose,
    I have been plagued with anemia for years. It can make you very tired.

Spinach, red meat, molasses all are great sources of iron. Get iron pills. Vitamin C taken with iron helps iron absorb, so make a spinach salad with steak and some baked beans with molasses and drink a big glass of OJ with it all.

Cooking in iron cookware also helps.

Good luck
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    My problems are not big compared to most of yours, but the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to shake this tiredness and it's affecting my job. I sleep as much as I can with a 14-month-old and go to bed early enough (10), but I'm still always tired, mostly in the afternoon.
    Have the doctor check your thyroid function too.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I'm here to ask for your prayers for my aunt. She's having open heart surgery in a couple weeks.
    lildago, I went through the same thing several years ago with my great-aunt. She survived her heart surgery and just recently celebrated her 88th birthday. We couldn't be there, either, during her surgery, but we were able to talk to her, and we found out that she would be basically bed-ridden or not able to do anything strenuous for several weeks. So, we sent her a box of books and puzzles for her to enjoy during her recovery, and she has since told me that that was the best present she got during her illness. Just an idea. We're going to visit Aunt Mary in a couple of weeks, and I hope that you'll be able to see your aunt soon as well. Take care.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Thanks y'all...I'm not actually feeling bad, except for my hand, which is more of a major aggravation than pain, as long as I don't try to write or do any small work with it-- oh yeah, and sleep with the stupid brace on, and don't type too much.

DR, do get checked out, but I agree with Star, get out and walk around outside for a few minutes a day. If nothing else, try to sit outside in a sunny spot during your lunch time. It helps me get over the sleepies on my day off, even though my normal routine is to sleep all day!

nlmcp, I'd probably have a nervous breakdown if all my stuff went missing. I just go nuts when I have any small mistake involving my bank account, etc. Hopefully you've got it all squared away. And try not to drive yourself nuts--don't check on your accounts more than seven or eight times a day.
    Last edited by queenb; 03-23-2006 at 05:19 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    nlmcp something similar happened to my mom and discovery card got charged about $1000 on it. It happened in a local store my mom frequented and knew all the people working, so she went in and said: didn't it ring a bell that someone else was using my credit card. They all were dumbfounded about it. Somehow I think they knew exactly what was going on. Anyway Discover card was horrible about the whole thing and my mom spent years dealing with them and they eventually wracked up over $6000 in fees and charges over that $1000 worth of charges she didn't make. She even got a lawyer and to no avail. So she was paying them $25 a month trying to make restitution and clear her own credit. When she died, she still owed about $4000. I never got such satisfaction as I did when I called them to say:

I'm sorry, but you will not be recieving the rest of the money she owes you as she has died and there is no estate. They tried to guilt me into paying it, but I just laughed and said: sorry, you wouldn't work with her when her card was stolen and you charged her more money on top of it, so I don't feel sorry for you guys one bit. Bite my a**, here's a copy of her death certificate, so you can close out the account and write off the money as a loss.

This was a long time ago and credit card companies have really changed their polices about theft and stuff.

I'm sorry you are having to go through all this. I know its a pain in the butt to replace everything and then to have a bank hassle on top of it.
    Best of luck that it straightens out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    nlmcp, I'm sorry about the mess you have to clear up. Didn't you say your purse was stolen at work or were you still unsure about where you left it? If at work, it's sad to know that co-workers would steal from each other.

Considering how quickly someone started charging, I'm guessing it was taken. From the office, but I guess someone could have taken it at the nursing home (both are my work areas) There have been several thefts at the office, it's not a very secure building and our area is right by a stairwell, so it could have been cleaning staff, visitiors to another floor just walking in.

I however really don't know. I guess there was time if I had dropped it in the nursing home parking lot for someone determined to get what they could (but it was all gas stations, but the credit union said that's the easiest place to use a debit card if you don't know the PIN)

Between this an my car getting stolen last summer, I could start writing a "what to do, what not to do" book for crime victims. The car theft however still really overshadows the purse.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD
    I feel your pain. I had a car stolen years ago and that was teh worst.
    I'm so sorry you've had to go through these experiences and maybe a book would be a great idea because a lot of people have NO idea what to do in those situations and after the fact there is a lot of self recrimmination sometimes, so having a chapter dealing with that would be good and a how to on who to report to, how to report it, how to protect yourself, how to handle the bank and credit cards, etc.

I bet it would be an invaluable book to a lot of people.

I say go for it!

MRD
    Well I am back off to the dr. for the 2nd time this week. I hate that its a 4 hour round trip. But the pain has come back and I can feel the fluid accumulating again under the skin. He should of just left the damn drain in.

I had been feeling like a million bucks, but started running fever again (while still on the antibiotics) and the pain has me back doubled over and unable to sleep once again and walking clutching my belly.

I had only been taking tylenol for the discomfort, but yesterday had to go back to the percocets as tylenol was doing nothing.

I just hope they don't put me in the hospital yet again.

I just want to feel better dammit!

+ Reply to Thread