+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Good thoughts going out for your Auntie Ang...combatcutie..my heart and soul is with you...lost a sister in her 40's to cancer.

Lildago, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll will definitely have her and your family in my thoughts. Is that the aunt who had you over for Christmas?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    lildago, your aunt will most certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated

Thanks everyone for your warm wishes. Today is the viewing and tomorrow is the funeral. It is going to be a long couple of days.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

combat, I'm so sorry about your husband's uncle. It's never easy to lose someone, but it feels so much harder when they are that young.

lildago, I'll say a prayer for your Aunt Ang that all goes well. Hang in there.

Nancy, that human resources person was very rude. If you run into her supervisor somewhere, I'd mention it. That's the last thing you needed to deal with after your purse disappearing.

I have sort of good news mixed with bad. My grandmother fell and broke her hip on Friday. She's 85 and they didn't think she'd even make it through the surgery because she has severe reactions to being put under. However, they gave her some kind of spinal blocker (something like an epidural that keeps you from feeling anything from the waist done, as I understand it) and some light sedation and she pulled out of surgery just fine.

I go back to the doctor in about an hour for my own issue. I'm not sure I'll even find anything out today or if they'll have to do a biopsy first. I'll let everyone know.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words and prayers. I'll let you know how the surgery goes. We were planning to make a quick trip to California to be there with her but now I'm not so sure. It'd be tough with the kids and it's not like I can sit in the hospital with them. I hate feeling like all I can do is sit on my hands and wait.

ETA: Yes, DesertRose, it is the same aunt that I was with for Christmas.
    Last edited by lildago; 03-20-2006 at 11:00 AM.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Stargazer, that's good news on your grandmother. Glad she pulled through

Good luck with your doctor's appointment. Please keep us posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Stargazer - thinking of you today. good luck. Lildago, our prayers are with you and your aunt. I hope all goes well. Keep us posted. Sympathies to you Combatcutie.
    Count your blessings!

Well, I was late for my appointment this morning. Embarrassingly enough, because I was futzing around in the AI forum. However, his office is only two or three blocks away, so I wasn't *too* late.

I don't know where to start. I'm feeling really shy and embarrassed about telling the news because its so strange.

Well, first of all, the pain I'd been feeling since November has been much less severe and infrequent since my last appointment with him. At that appointment, he'd written notes about the size and shape of the mass he felt and apparently it was sizable without distinct edges. That's usually not a good sign, I guess. So it appears he was actually rather nervous about my ultrasound and when he got it, he wasn't even sure if it was my ultrasound. When I'd had it done, I'd thought I'd seen two large black masses, but it may have been my rib or something, because they didn't make note of it. My ultrasound was clear of solid masses and the only thing abnormal was thick bands of fibrous tissue and a few smaller cysts.

I guess the mass that he'd originally felt and measured was gone. He even reexamined me today to make sure he couldn't still feel it. He showed me on the ultrasound nodelike structures where it used to be, but its gone. He said that he's never seen a mass like that just disappear so fast. I guess that its 90% reduced from what he felt that one day.

He offered to let me get a second opinion from a surgeon, but told me that all that would probably get me is a $200 bill and the same news. He suggested i just come back in three months for a follow-up to make sure it hasn't returned, so that's what I opted to do.

I'm giddy about the news, of course, but its just a lot to absorb. I don't think he made a mistake initially because i had physical things happening to back up what he was saying. Still, I was expecting to go in and have definitive news about what it was, whether it was harmful, and how to get rid of it. So the news that he doesn't know what it was, but its gone, is very disconcerting. I don't know if I have misdiagnosis, positive thinking, or prayers to thank, but I know I'm very, very grateful today. It's been a terrifying couple of weeks and my heart goes out to anyone that ever has to go through it. Thank you all for your prayers and support as I waited.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

That is amazing news Star. Actually, though, now that you mentionned it, the same thing happened to my mother. So it is definitely not a mistake. I think in my mother's case it was because she had her periods. Apparently in some women, it causes nodules to appear.

In any event, I am happy that it was nothing (both in my mom's case and in your case). You definitely did the right thing by getting checked out and your worries were totally understandable, so don't be shy or embarrassed.

You should however be embarrassed that you were late because you were FORTing around. It shouldn't infringe on your health or your work. Which I'll get back to right now...

Giving thanks for your restored health, Stargazer.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread