+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey View Post
    Dagwood, if we had taken out the insurance on my phone - about $3.99 extra per month - they would have replaced it for free. Silly us . . . we thought $3.99 was an expense we didn't need to incur. Come to find out, to replace it with a new RAZR, it would be somewhere around $319.00. Kinda makes that $3.99 seem worth it now!

I got a new phone today. . . it was regularly $199, but since we were willing to take the floor model (it was in perfect shape), he took $50 more off of it. Still . . . . I'm kicking myself now for thinking that $3.99 per month was too much to pay!
    I took out the insurance when I added my son to my plan because as a 13 year old, I knew the chances were likely he would lose his phone. I've been thinking about dropping the insurance...but thanks for reminding me (unfortunately by your bad misfortune!) that I need to keep it...small price to pay for the headache I would have if he did lose it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about everyone's bad news.

I have some of my own....my hubby's uncle passed away Friday night. He had cancer, but was in remission. It came back full force. He was in the hospital, but supposed to be coming home Friday afternoon. He took a turn for the worst. Our family called us and told us to get to the hospital ASAP because he wasn't going to live through the night. He was just one of the guys that when you meet them, you instantly love them. So sad, such a young guy (his late 40's)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss combatcutie.

combatcutie, I can't think of anything to say except
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Sorry for your family's loss, combatcutie. You'll be in my thoughts.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Cad, I'm really sorry about your dad and mom. Combte Cutie, I'm also sorry about your Uncle in law.

As for the phone thing, I have insurance on the kids' (which has paid off already for one, but for Verizon the phone isn't free, it's a $50 copay but still better then paying $150-$200 for a new phone.

I should file this one in my pet peeve, but it has to do with my purse. The unit directior came to me after reading my incident report and did her hardest to get me to change it so that I didn't have the office listed as a possibe site for my purse being gone (they've had several thefts from the office already) It was to the point she said to me "of course you had your purse, you had to get your keys out of it.", I had to explain to her that I always keep my keys and cell phone on me at all times at work in case I have to leave quickly or can't get back into the building. That and my purse is always in my bigger bag and not sitting out. She still kept trying to get me to change my incident report.

That and it cost $10 to get a new work id. When I complained to human resources person her comment was "that's to teach you people to be more responible for your ID."

What a b....
    Last edited by nlmcp; 03-19-2006 at 06:52 AM.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    Cad, I'm really sorry about your dad and mom. Combte Cutie, I'm also sorry about your Uncle in law.

As for the phone thing, I have insurance on the kids' (which has paid off already for one, but for Verizon the phone isn't free, it's a $50 copay but still better then paying $150-$200 for a new phone.

I should file this one in my pet peeve, but it has to do with my purse. The unit directior came to me after reading my incident report and did her hardest to get me to change it so that I didn't have the office listed as a possibe site for my purse being gone (they've had several thefts from the office already) It was to the point she said to me "of course you had your purse, you had to get your keys out of it.", I had to explain to her that I always keep my keys and cell phone on me at all times at work in case I have to leave quickly or can't get back into the building. That and my purse is always in my bigger bag and not sitting out. She still kept trying to get me to change my incident report.

That and it cost $10 to get a new work id. When I complained to human resources person her comment was "that's to teach you people to be more responible for your ID."

What a b....
    Amen to that.......she sounds like a top notch b****!! Sorry about your problems nlmcp....hang in there!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm here to ask for your prayers for my aunt. She's having open heart surgery in a couple weeks. A valve in her heart is 70 % closed so they'll be replacing it with a valve from a pig's heart. We've always been close and she's more like a grandmother to me. She told me today that she's afraid she'll never see us again so we may be flying out there for her surgery. I'm worried about her but confident in her USC doctor. He's world renowned in the field of cardiothoracic surgery. Anyway, before I ramble too much, I'd appreciate your prayers for my Auntie Ang. I need her around for a while longer.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

combatcutie - my heart goes out to you and your family. Know that your FORT friends are thinking of you during this terrible time.

lildago - I will most certainly pray for your aunt, and for you to take care of you so you can help take care of her.

lildago, I know that you all are worried but I just know that things will work out fine. My father in law had that surgery in 1989 and he passed away last October, at the age of 94, and NOT from heart trouble.

He was a big jokster and he said that the only bad effect he had from the surgery was his uncontrollable craving for slop.

+ Reply to Thread