+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Well everyone, the news today is that there is no news. I'm getting pretty frustrated, but it looks as if im still playing the waiting game. I suspected I was too dazed to really understand what my doctor was saying the other day and I was right. They did the ultrasound today and they'll report the findings too my doctor, who will then tell me. My next appointment with him is on the 20th.

So, I'm happy on one hand not to have any *bad* news, but its also just maddening that I have to wait and wait. Then if they have to do a biopsy, I'm sure that I'll have even more waiting to do. So, I'm sorry to worry everyone so prematurely. I've got awhile to wait.

ETA: cadc, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, that's awful. I'll certainly say some prayers for him.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

star, sorry your wait continues. I can only imagine your frustration. I really think you should go do something special for yourself. Get a massage, pedicure or something else to take a bit of the edge off the next several days. Keep us posted.

cadc, I'm sorry about your father. He and your mom are so lucky to have you with them during their times of need. Stay strong and know we are all here fot you.

My purse is gone. I don't know if I lost it or if it was stolen. I have this big bag I carry with me and I know it was in there when I left my house. So I don't know if it dropped out at some point (I had to run in to one of my nursing homes when 2 guys behind the deserted house next door doing either a drug deal or something else (as the one guy dropped his pants) started yelling at me. )
    I had to make all the calls and all the follow up. Luckily I was able to scrap enough things together to get a new driver's liciencse.

It was just an odd bad day yesterday.

This is helping me decide that I'm too old to be driving around Detroit going into all sorts of bad neighborhoods working. It's just getting too hard. So this summer once the youngest is out of grade school and will be in middle school with the hour earlier starting time, I'm going to look for a new job.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

That sucks Nancy. Heck I don't blame you about job hunting. I wouldn't want to wander into inner city Detroit either.

nmlcp, I'm sorry to hear about your lost purse and the terrible day that you had yesterday. I'm glad, though, that you were able to get out that situation quicky, and that you were able to get a new drivers license so quickly.

I had a really bad day yesterday, too. Mr. C and I have a sailboat down on the coast, and since it's spring break week, we are staying on the boat all week, as I am able to take my job with me and I'm working from down here. However, yesterday I met up with him and some friends at the boardwalk for lunch (the boardwalk is a fun, festive restaurant/midway area right on the bay), and we were eating outside on one of the patios 'cause the weather was so great. The floor of the patio is just deckboards with the ocean flowing underneath . . . but the deckboards have these little spaces between them, and I found out the hard way that that "little space" was just big enough for my Motorola RAZR cellphone to slip between the cracks when I inadvertantly dropped it. I don't know what sank faster . . . my cell phone or my heart!

Mr. C and I have NEVER spent any great amount of money on our cell phones - we usually just get the cheapest one with our rate plan - usually with a rebate where it ends up being free. This was the first time that we had splurged and gotten the "good/cool" phone. Never again! The other bad thing is that because we are not at the two-year point on our contract with Cingular, I have to pay full price for whatever new phone I get, and the cheapest phone I can find is over $100. Oh well . . . lesson learned the hard way!

I hope King Neptune enjoys his new RAZR phone!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I'm continuing good thoughts, warm wishes, and heartfelt prayers for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey View Post
    nmlcp, I'm sorry to hear about your lost purse and the terrible day that you had yesterday. I'm glad, though, that you were able to get out that situation quicky, and that you were able to get a new drivers license so quickly.

I had a really bad day yesterday, too. Mr. C and I have a sailboat down on the coast, and since it's spring break week, we are staying on the boat all week, as I am able to take my job with me and I'm working from down here. However, yesterday I met up with him and some friends at the boardwalk for lunch (the boardwalk is a fun, festive restaurant/midway area right on the bay), and we were eating outside on one of the patios 'cause the weather was so great. The floor of the patio is just deckboards with the ocean flowing underneath . . . but the deckboards have these little spaces between them, and I found out the hard way that that "little space" was just big enough for my Motorola RAZR cellphone to slip between the cracks when I inadvertantly dropped it. I don't know what sank faster . . . my cell phone or my heart!

Mr. C and I have NEVER spent any great amount of money on our cell phones - we usually just get the cheapest one with our rate plan - usually with a rebate where it ends up being free. This was the first time that we had splurged and gotten the "good/cool" phone. Never again! The other bad thing is that because we are not at the two-year point on our contract with Cingular, I have to pay full price for whatever new phone I get, and the cheapest phone I can find is over $100. Oh well . . . lesson learned the hard way!

I hope King Neptune enjoys his new RAZR phone!
    Isn't there a warranty on your phone? My mom, sister and I are on a Cingular plan and my sis has had two replaced. Both were fully covered by the warranty.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Isn't there a warranty on your phone? My mom, sister and I are on a Cingular plan and my sis has had two replaced. Both were fully covered by the warranty.
    Dagwood, if we had taken out the insurance on my phone - about $3.99 extra per month - they would have replaced it for free. Silly us . . . we thought $3.99 was an expense we didn't need to incur. Come to find out, to replace it with a new RAZR, it would be somewhere around $319.00. Kinda makes that $3.99 seem worth it now!

I got a new phone today. . . it was regularly $199, but since we were willing to take the floor model (it was in perfect shape), he took $50 more off of it. Still . . . . I'm kicking myself now for thinking that $3.99 per month was too much to pay!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Wow, that's too bad. It is a good lesson for us all, though. If you are buying something expensive, insurance is good.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey View Post
    I'm kicking myself now for thinking that $3.99 per month was too much to pay!
    When my son bought his phone, it cost $150 but a $50 rebate brought it down to $100. He has to pay his own bill but I talked him into the insurance and said that I'd pay that for him because I know he has the potential to lose it while he's away at college. I think it's $4.50 a month though, through Verizon.

I should probably put this next thing in the pet peeve thread but it really irks me that to get a free or cheap cell phone these days you have to sign up for 2 years. I remember when cell companies were climbing all over each other trying to get your business and free phones were there for the taking. Not anymore. That's why his phone was so much, because I told him to only go for 1 year because 2 years is too long to commit to a company if you decide you don't like it. And he had to pay a huge deposit because we wanted it in his name to establish some credit. But at least he'll get that back at the end of the contract.

+ Reply to Thread