+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435751255251025 ... LastLast
Like Tree964Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

CharlieBug

Was there a casualty loss clause on your purchase agreement? They normally read along the lines of: If any part of the property is damaged or destroyed by fire or other casualty loss after the effective date of this contract, Seller shall restore property to its previous condition as soon as reasonably possible. If Seller fails to do so, Buyer may either terminate this contract or extend time of performance of contract.

Also, carefully read through the default clause in the Purchase Agreement. See what actions would consider you to be in default.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help you. I'm sorry you are having to go through this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie

Ok, Sorry for the late reply, but I just started visiting this thread and thought I would go back and read the whole thing.

CharlieBug, I feel for you. Buying a house is stressful enough without any of the problems you are going through. It is absolutely ridiculous that these people are putting you through this, especially since they sold the house for more than you were going to pay for it. I can't believe that something like this could be legal. I know you are trying to keep your lawyer fees down, but you need to have a conference with your attorney and see what you can do. I hope everything works out for you and your hubby soon so you could start living like the married in-love couple you are.

That really is a nasty thing to have to go through, I'm sorry. Very stressful. I'm surprised your attorney hasn't coughed up any info on the situation. You definitely need legal advice. I'm not an attorney (but I play one on fort ) - and this is NOT legal advice, but for them to file a civil suit, they need to prove two things: damages and liability. Have they actually served you with a complaint yet? They may just be windbagging it to be jerks. The damages would be what you listed in your post (lawn care, electricity...etc.) - I'm not sure you caused those damages. The liability they have to prove is that it was your fault those damages occurred. And since they sold the house for a higher price (my opinion: they should just shut up about it and take the money) - I don't know if that off-sets any damages they claim you are liable for. I know it sounds ugly and complicated right now - but from where I sit, it seems like it will be a relatively simple problem to solve. Remember - JMO! Besides, there may be some hidden insurance clause in one of the b-gillion documents that go along with buying a house. It may take a while to shuffle through all of it, I'd say you and your husband get it all out, sit down together and start reading. You know what they say about the fine print! Best of luck - I have a feeling you'll come out on top of this one. It's a good thing you kids are still honeymooners - living in such cramped quarters!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    JD, I always heard that it was "cheap" to stay in Vegas. What happened to that? Hope it works out for you.
    As I was looking for hotel rooms all over Nevada - I found I'll be able to stay just about anywhere on Thursday night for about a dime. However, it's a three-day weekend, and I'm the last person on earth to realize you can't find a hotel room in Vegas on the first night of a 3-day weekend.

It will work out, it always does. Thanks for asking!

Okay, here's my problem: I graduated college in May and still haven't found a job! It is so frustrating. Everyone keeps saying that something will happen but it is taking FOREVER.

You'll find a job DJeter. A friend of mine graduated in May and just found a job this past week. Just be patient and it will happen.

Thanks, erin. I also moved so that delayed me in looking to begin with. I am trying to be patient, but I never thought it'd take quite this long once I graduated.

DJeter, when I graduated from college (also in a May) it took me until December of that year to find a job. I spent the fall waiting tables and freaking out. And then a job in my career field just fell in my lap. It'll fall in yours too, I feel sure.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

It took my husband a year from the time he interviewed for the IT department of the hospital he works for, until he got hired. Right now our job markets are in a bad way. Hang in there DJ!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Thanks, guys! That make me feel a lot better!
    It's hard not to feel like a failure sometimes! I think, 'what's wrong with me?!'
    But I'm sure there are other graduates in the same boat as me.
    Well, the positive thing is, I have time to come on the FORT during the day! There's positives in everything.

DJeterfan every time I have been unemployed during an presidential election year, I hadn't been able to find a job until late in Nov or early Dec of that year, after the election. It happened to me when I graduated with my BS, when I graduated with my MSW and when I went back to work after my oldest was born. So, I'm guessing if what held true for me, holds true for you, you will find one when the election is done and put to bed.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread