+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1963Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss Myrosie. I pray that his family will find comfort in knowing he is no longer suffering. Take care of yourself so you can help your friend in a long recovery.

Stargazer, good luck for tomorrow.

myrosiedog, sorry about the loss of your friend's husband. Take care of yourself. It's good to hear that you're recovering well.

Star, these lil' dagos down here in Texas are crossing our fingers for you! You know you have our support!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD
    Thank you everyone. It's been sad, but also good because he had no quality of life. He had had his tongue removed in May, so was fed by a stomach tube and could not speak. It has been just awful to watch. But still sad as I already miss him terribly. We were all such good friends for so long and did so much.

She's doing well and so are the kids, but reality hasn't set in yet and when it does, I will hopefully be recovered to help her.

I have been asked to give the eulogy which is a great honor as he was a very giving person and did so much for so many. Mostly unsung as he never wanted credit for what he did. He was a hero.

I was able to go over to their house tonight for about 30 min. And I'm glad I did it even tho it was really hard on me physically. But she understands.

they both told me to go ahead with this surgery a few weeks ago because I had postponed it once already. So I know he wanted me to be where I am today and that helps.

Those quesadilla's I posted in the recipe thread a couple weeks ago were his recipe.

He was also one h*ll of a cook!

Thanks again all. You guys are always so supportive. It amazes me how complete strangers can come together at a place like this and help each other and support each other. And people say the internet is bad.

Not here!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sending some hugs and warm fuzzies your way, Rosie! Hang in there.
    Go Tigers!

rosie, what a difficult period this is for you and your loved ones. I'm so sorry for your loss. You seem like such a strong person and will be a wonderful support to your friend. Just don't forget to take care of yourself as well. We are all here for you.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by starkisssed View Post

Also I am pretty sure that moon face (which is swelling over the entire face making it round like a full moon) while a potential side effect is not something that they would want to happen.. I would ask your doctor or the nurse in the office to explain about the medication completely. Alot of medications have side effects that should be reported and moon face is usually one of them. Best thing you can do about a medication is to be informed, know what it is doing for you, and know what to expect and what to do if things come up, whether expected or not.
    Thanks Star. The medication is Entocort EC- which is to help heal my colon ulcers. He has also diagnosed me with Crohn's disease. (which is funny since most Crohn's patients have trouble gaining weight since their food goes right through them) I have the opposite problem.Food goes right through me, but I still gain! I have never been convinced that it was Crohns, but I have seen the colonoscopy pics and can see the ulcers, and feel them, so he's right on target with that. I looked up the medication online and it said 1 in 10 will get moon face. I won't go back to him until May, when all of my medication is done. I have been feeling better so hopefully they are healing, since I don't want surgery to remove them, so that's good.
    Thanks for the advice- I think I will write down my weights for a few weeks and see what happens. If I gain more than 5 per week, I'll call him. I do know this is a temporary medication, so at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hey everyone,

Long time since I've posted outside of the "non-reality tv" area, but I'm desperate.

My father, who is the main caregiver for my alzheimer's afflicted mother, was just diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and given 3 months to live.

Once my dad passes, the care of my mother comes to me (which, by the way, I accept willingly and lovingly). I'm conflicted and stressed on so many different levels.

I have several people creating a prayer chain for me, and while I'm not sure if this is "board appropriate" I'd like to request that those of you who are comfortable with passing prayer requests down the line to please pass mine (and then ideally ask those who YOU pass the prayer request to, to pass it along as well). Creating a huge prayer request all asking for one very specific thing...two more years for my dad. Two years is about the time we think my mom will slip far enough into alzheimer's that his d eath won't (literally) kill her.

And because I'm desperate and pathetic enough to actually ASK strangers to pray for my dad, I'm also pathetic enough to have set up an email account where people can write me and say "Hey, I'm praying (or thinking) of your dad." It's "twomore4mydad@hotmail.com."

I am in panic mode and beyond scared and just needed to share. I can't imagine not seeing my dad every day, and I can't imagine having to put my mom through his d eath repeatedly (cause she'll forget, of course).

Thank you for listening.

Chris
    Last edited by cadcmmngs; 03-14-2006 at 08:47 AM.

cadc - how awful for you! Of course you have my support and I know others will chime in. Good luck today Stargazer - I hope the news is good. Myrosiedog buddy - warm hugs and wishes to you. Tell your friend that even though you can't come to her, she is welcome to come to you if she needs to get away from it all and talk. It will make you both feel better. I hope your recovery has improved. You are all in my thoughts today.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    cadc - how awful for you! Of course you have my support and I know others will chime in. Good luck today Stargazer - I hope the news is good. Myrosiedog buddy - warm hugs and wishes to you. Tell your friend that even though you can't come to her, she is welcome to come to you if she needs to get away from it all and talk. It will make you both feel better. I hope your recovery has improved. You are all in my thoughts today.

Gutmutter, that is a great idea and I never thought about that. I was born and raised in the south and my experience when someone dies is that everyone immediately stops what they are doing and rushes to the house of the bereaved with food and stays until after the funeral. The family is hosting tons of visitors at a time when they most likely need their rest. (case in point last night, I talked to her on the phone about 9 and she said she wished this one friend would leave so she could just go to bed as she was exhausted). But her family is from Illinois and have had a totally different experience with "visitation" afterwards. Her mother lost her "southern" husband a few years ago and was appalled at all the people that came over and just stayed. She hated it and wanted them all to go home.

So asking her to come over here will be perfect as it will just be the two of us and quiet and a refuge for her when she needs it.

Star and Cadc-prayers are with you all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    myrosiedog: I just read your post about your friend passing away. I am truly sorry to hear that. What an honor for you to deliver the eulogy...I know he will be smiling from heaven as he listens to your words.

cadcmmngs: I am so sorry to hear of your dad's recent diagnosis. I can truly sympathize with you as my dad passed away from pancreatic cancer 10 years ago. Your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers and I will be sending positive thoughts your way. God Bless you and your family.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread