+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    Wow, lose a motherboard and you miss so much!! MalibuPam, I'm thankful your daughter is doing well. I think that's one of the scariest things to go through. Hopefully everything will continue to be ok.

Myrosiedog, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your health remains good. Remember, you have to take care of yourself first. I also want you to know that your friend and her family are also in my thoughts and prayers. What a horrible nightmare. Do you have a good hospice in your community? They can be so helpful.

He is in hospice care and they are WONDERFUL! Thanks for the prayers for all of us.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Here's the update on the rock-swallowing girl. Yesterday we got a new x-ray that showed no change. It was still in the stomach after 5 days. We've been referred over to the big university hospital, where at the moment, they are planning to have us come in Monday for a full set of images, and they will likely schedule her for endoscopy. That's better than real surgery, but still requires general anesthesia. The doctor called me a little while ago to tell me that now they were thinking of calling us in sooner, and not giving it the extra weekend wait. I'm waiting for the final word. He said he'd call back.

Awww MalibuPam...I know the waiting is frustrating. Hang in there, and try not to worry. The bright side is that it will soon be over. I am sure I speak for many when I say that you are still in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping us posted.

M.P. Endosocopsy thats not so bad. I work in a hospital,but I've never seen one done. What they do is put a tube in and take pictures, and its good that the doctor doesn't want to wait. I hope everything turns out ok give your daughter a big hug for us here.

On a lighter note Ana B. Love the avitar.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

MRD
    I've had an upper endoscopy and they didn't put me under general anethesia like they do for surgery. I did get an IV and I was given something in the IV that knocked me out, but its not like the whole shebang they do when you have surgery. And it took less than 20 min. and I was up and able to eat and drink and get dressed right away and leave. I was in the hospital a total of 2 hours and most of that was the waiting before hand.

So I hope that they are able to do your daughters that easily and that everything is going to be ok.

I know its scary when its your kid. But prayers are with you, your daughter and with the dr. to be able to do a good job and get this thing out of there.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone. I hope that you all get through your "troubles" unscathed. You'll all be in my prayers.

My own life has been going rather well the past month or two. I'm making progress in a few areas and things are looking up.

I do have a rather scary appointment on Friday, though. I've had a pain in my left breast since November that's gotten increasingly painful. I have fibrocystic (which I always spell wrong, so if I did, my apologies) breast disease, so I'm used to cyclic pain. This particular pain never goes away and has just gotten worse, though. So, I'm a little freaked. I know breast cancer is usually NOT painful, but I also have high risk factors. I could use some warm fuzzies sent my way.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I'm a little freaked. I know breast cancer is usually NOT painful, but I also have high risk factors. I could use some warm fuzzies sent my way.
    Oh no, Star, that's awful news!!!! I'm so sorry that you're going through this very scary time right now, and you've got my word that THE POMERANIANS and I will be definitely keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted, and please PM me any time, if there's anything I can do.

Star! I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers your way! Keep your head up!

Thanks guys. I wouldn't normally be too concerned about it, but I've felt so tired and run down lately. I just don't feel myself, so that has me a little worried. I'll let you guys know what happens.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Star, I will send lots of warm fuzzies your way.

+ Reply to Thread