+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1685Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD
    Again, thank you all. I am truly blessed here on the FORT.

You guys are the greatest.

I will keep you posted.

My daughter is sick today, so I have had her home and to dr. so I have had a good reason, not to be around so much lately and that has helped ME tremendously. And she is finally seeking other help, so that should lessen the burden a bit.

I'm just overwhelmed you know? I know she is too. But its not a good situation for anyone.

But again, I am blessed to have you guys for support, prayer and advice.

Thank you so very much.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Myrosiedog- Thats what friends are for,
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Wow Rosiedog

I can't imagine what that must be like, but you always have a place to talk!

And to everyone else too. Dagwood, I went over 5 years w/out health insurance and needed a crown, not good. Now My dental is switching over and I'm in between a crown, so I fully sympathize! It's no fun. (as I mentioned earlier, I had gotten one, it broke, many times, found a new dentist but doesnt' take current insurance).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    You guys are just AWESOME! I feel blessed to have online friends that I can turn to and that give such great advice. Thank you.
    WE are the ones who blessed and lucky to have people like you on this place with us, myrosiedog!!!

Even though I'm not able to post replies to everything I see around here ('cause my work and personal lives have become wicked busy lately) please know that I read the stuff that's posted and I'm blown away daily.

I get such a good boost from what I learn through people here, and I'm also reminded that no matter what our troubles are we can come here and "talk" about them and get fantastic support from each other. I just love this FORT!!

Well, I haven't been around the FORT much in the past 6 months. I'm mindlessly surfing today, because I can't concentrate on work. Friday night my 6 1/2 year old daughter accidentally swallowed what's called a 'jumbo glass vase gem'. It's one of those smooth glass rocks that decorators and florists put in vases. She was playing with some of them, and for some reason put it into her mouth. I think it slipped to the back of her throat, and she instinctively swallowed to keep from choking.

These things are larger than a quarter. The doctor had me watch her over the weekend, and we x-rayed Monday morning. It was in still in her stomach, having travelled no further in almost 72 hours. The hope is still that it will pass on it's own. We're going to x-ray again tomorrow. If it hasn't moved, it may not be able to. My concern is that surgery will be the solution. I think it's too big to come out endoscopically.

We'll see. Meanwhile, she has little appetite, poor thing, and I'm on constant guard, watching for complications.

MalibuPam, how terrifying for you and your daughter! I'll be hoping for it passes and no surgery will be necessary! Keep us posted.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    WE are the ones who blessed and lucky to have people like you on this place with us, myrosiedog!!!

Even though I'm not able to post replies to everything I see around here ('cause my work and personal lives have become wicked busy lately) please know that I read the stuff that's posted and I'm blown away daily.

I get such a good boost from what I learn through people here, and I'm also reminded that no matter what our troubles are we can come here and "talk" about them and get fantastic support from each other. I just love this FORT!!
    Pom and the rest of you. You are going to make me cry
    I've had so much fun on this site and made so many nice connections with you all and to have you all be so supportive is very emotional. (Yes, everything is emotional right now. I even had tears watching The Amazing race tonight.

Again, I thank you.

MalibuPam, my thoughts and prayers are with you. My daughter swallowed a penny when she was 18 months. That was an experience too. Did they tell you to give her castoria? That was the advice I got about the penny. It finally came out but she was in diapers, so it was easier to look for it.
    We also had her stuff something up the nose that almost resulted in surgery.
    It's scary when they do stuff like that. No pun intended, but I hope everything comes out ok. Prayers are with you and her, poor thing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MalibuPam, what a scare. Hopefully surgery will not be an option. My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

MalibuPam, OUCH I'm sorry about your daughter and I hope that she doesn't require surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Wow, lose a motherboard and you miss so much!! MalibuPam, I'm thankful your daughter is doing well. I think that's one of the scariest things to go through. Hopefully everything will continue to be ok.

Myrosiedog, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your health remains good. Remember, you have to take care of yourself first. I also want you to know that your friend and her family are also in my thoughts and prayers. What a horrible nightmare. Do you have a good hospice in your community? They can be so helpful.

+ Reply to Thread