+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Ah Ana, my heart goes out to your community!

By trouble is way little in comparison, but i've been having the darndest time with this tooth, and now the dentist insists on a metal only crown for it. I figure, I finally have health insurance and a good job - why the heck can't I get something tooth coloured and not all metal? He refuses to answer so i'm looking for a second opinion.

Glitternerfball - a 2nd opinion is ALWAYS best!
    Isn't a metal crown outdated in today's world - unless you happen to be a Rap star and prefer that gold gleem in your smile?

That's what I say Ana! I have no need to look all ghettofab, and considering the first comment he made was why I have another metal crown (I don't even remember it being put in, it had to be when I was under age 9 and we were on public assistance) when it should have been porcelain. Don't say that should have been porcelain then tell me metal.

I'm back to whine again.
    Yesterday was the funeral for the young boy killed last week. Horrible. Just no other words to describe...
    When I got home from the service, I had a message from an old friend to call her. She asked if I knew Linda X? Of course, Linda and I were quite close and took a couple of girls only vacations together. **awkward silence**
    She asked if I knew Linda had passed away in January. WHAAATT?!?!
    Sure enough, my dear friend had died from pancreatic cancer at the young age of 49. My heart is broken. She was one of the happiest people I have ever known. The last time we spoke (last summer) we agreed that it had been much too long since our last visit and we needed to get together for lunch soon. Folks - don't wait for "soon" to never arrive. Make a date and tell your friends you love them. I had thought of Linda often, and was too busy with other things to pick up the phone. I am sad for her family, and know she is in a better place. But I feel just plain awful that she was ill and I never got the opportunity to lend her a hand when she needed it most. My husband says he believe that I will always remember Linda for her bright smile and infectious laughter, and that is the way she would want it. Probably true...but still.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Ana- . I don't know what else to say.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Folks - don't wait for "soon" to never arrive. Make a date and tell your friends you love them.
    Ana Bannana: I printed out your sage advice above. I am so guilty of neglecting my friends, thinking that they (and I) will always be around. You always think, "Oh, next weekend will be better to get together," but next weekend turns into weeks, months and years.

Thanks for the kick in the butt to get more active and appreciative.

I'm sorry for the pain you've gone through lately, both with the wee boy's death and your dear friends.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Folks - don't wait for "soon" to never arrive. Make a date and tell your friends you love them.
    Good advice, Ana. Sad that it sometimes takes tragedy for us to realize it. My thoughts are with you.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Ana - I'm calling up my gal pals today. Thanks for the reminder. We'll toast you when we're out. Sorry about your loss.
    Count your blessings!

Oh Ana Iam so sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. If theres anything that you need let me know. We're all here for you.
    Shaybo
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

I have stupid cellulitis again. Of course, my doctor was out of town and I couldn't get into anyone else in her office so I had to to Instacare which charges twice what my doctor charges. I am so sick of not having insurance...it sucks to have to pay this much to visit a doctor. I am sick of being broke period. It sucks to have to blow off a bill to go to the doctor.

The doctor told me that the screws and pins from my ankle surgery 8 years ago could be the cause of it. He said if the infection clears up and stays gone then that is probably not the case, but if it keeps coming back that could be the problem. I hope it isn't. If it is they would have to go back in and remove all that junk which would be major surgery and I don't want to be laid up for 6 weeks again.

Today totally sucked.

+ Reply to Thread