+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 1243 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334741245241024 ... LastLast
Like Tree2010Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    ok, here it is. I tend to get calcium deposits in my saliva glad on the right side. this will block the tube and then start to swell up. In the past I have been able to break then up by squeezing them between my finger nails. hurts like hell but clears the tube. wellllll this time it was further back down the line and not at the end. I tried it and got everything all swollen. i look like the chipmunk that has a cheek full for the fall.so off to the hospital for some meds and a checkout. doc gives me a prescription for a drug i just finished telling him I was allergic to and I didn't realize this as the nurse kind of mumbled it as she told me about the three scrips I got.

then my wife calls to tell me she got into a fender bender while driving to her folks today and now she needs a new radiator and some body work, (her van, not her...welllll not that i'm saying she doesn't but thats another story) so now I got to make an insurance claim later today and just can't wait to see how high they charge me the next time its due. this weekend sucks!!!!!!!!
    Joeguy,
    Have you seen an oral surgeon? They should be able to help you. You'll also find that you swell more around meal times. If you start to think about food you'll start to salivate and everything will get backed up.

Sorry about the accident. Fortunately no one was injured.

Here's hoping you have a better week.

toothdoc

Pom, I'm so sorry to hear about Casey. I know how upset I got over a hamster (which is why we stuck to fish after that), so I can only imagine what it would've be like for you. You did the right thing and you'll have lots of great memories.

I'm going to have to talk about my troubles now (it seems kind of small compared to Pom's). I've just had a long few days of a test (thursday), midterm(friday) & quiz(today). The test was easy, regurgitation. I felt the midterm was hard as I wrote it, but everyone else thought it was hard and I saw the answers and I think I did better than I originally thought (we get that back tomorrow). So today it was a finance quiz and I did great on the first one a couple of weeks ago, but today's was just awful. :phhht I think I must've guessed on half of them (it was out of 21). One problem was that 8 of the questions were based on the same set of data (balance sheet, income statement & financial ratios...where there were lots of blank numbers that you had to figure out). I had worked on an old quiz from last year and it was the same as this one except it had different numbers (which is totally fine with me)...but there seemed like there were a whole lot more blanks than the old quiz and I couldn't figure out anything for the life of me. I think I might've gotten 1 of the 8, but the rest were total guesses. I'm not usually the one who has to worry about passing or failing (usually I'm worrying about getting those A's or A-'s), so that's why I'm so upset (and besides the fact that I thought I understood most of the stuff).

Anyways, it's just nice to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

I've finally got the chance to read most of the posts in this thread and my problem is really small compared to many of the posts in here. I realize that it's 1 quiz and it won't matter in the long run.
    My heart goes out to everyone who's been having troubles.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My problem is even teensy weensy compared to others here. Doesn't even amount to a problem, except to me.

I can't find a (cheap) room in Vegas for the weekend.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    Pom, I'm so sorry to hear about Casey. I know how upset I got over a hamster (which is why we stuck to fish after that), so I can only imagine what it would've be like for you. You did the right thing and you'll have lots of great memories.

I'm going to have to talk about my troubles now (it seems kind of small compared to Pom's).
    Oh pineapple, nlmcp, and everyone -- thanks for the kind words. I really don't think I would have been able to get through the difficult weekend if I wasn't able to post my troubles in this thread, and I'm very grateful for the FORT and all you thoughtful people who frequent it.

J.D., pineapple -- I don't think we can ever compare our troubles -- yours are just as significant as mine or anyone else's, simply for the fact that they trouble you.

I'm sorry you're stressing about the quiz and your grades right now, pineapple. I remember how much I worried about that when I was in college. There was only one class that I knew I was bombing in: embryology. It was not only a wicked hard class but I was taking it at a time in my life when I was traveling for grad school interviews (six trips around the country in the first six weeks of the semester) and I just wasn't able to give that hard class the attention it deserved.

I was ashamed and very stressed out 'cause I had a low "C" average at the time I dropped it and that was an abominable for me. It's the lowest grade I ever had in college.

Only when I was dropping the class and explaining to the professor that I never got less than an "A" in college did he tell me: "You shouldn't worry about your grade right now. You're doing about the best in the class. I always make the tests extremely hard on purpose and students think they're doing worse than they really are. At the end of the semester I always scale the grades so your low C would turn into an A."

It was nutty that he would beat us down with low grades and all semester long we thought we were doing badly. It's almost a little sick, in my opinion.

But I quit the class anyway 'cause I had lots of traveling to do for grad school, I had research to finish up, and I was ticked off at him for playing mind games like that with us students.

So don't worry about your grades, piney, 'cause "it isn't over until it's over." The grades won't be determined 'til the end of the semester.

Boy Joe that sounds painful. I hope you're feeling better by now. Sorry the doctor gave you the wrong medicine. I am pretty sure that they never listen. I also hope your insurance covers the accident. Good luck with that.
    JD, I always heard that it was "cheap" to stay in Vegas. What happened to that? Hope it works out for you.
    Pineapple, It sounds like you're stressing unnecessarily. You sound like a person who sets high goals for yourself and have a good work ethic. I think that will pay off for you. Let us know how it went.
    Good luck to each of you with your problems. I'm thinking of you.
    Pom , did you decide to adopt? I'm betting you'll be the owner of another "kid" by the end of the week. Best luck with that.

Oh my, I haven't been to this thread in a few days, and I've missed so much. to all on this thread.

Pom, I am so sorry to hear about Casey. It seems just recently I read that he was doing better. This has to be so hard for you, losing a best friend. I pray that your grief is lifted, and maybe you'll have a new little friend soon.

Pineapple, like Pom said, we're not here to compare the weight of the problems - whether big or small, they are troubles and we care. I know what it's like to have anxiety over a test or a quiz, and it definitely can be stressful. Good luck to you.

Joe, wow, you did have a doozie of a weekend. I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope that this week brings some good news.

JD, any luck finding a hotel room yet?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Oh Pom, I just read your post and I am so sorry about your little guy. He was adorable. You were so kind to take him in knowing he had a pre-existing disease. Please take comfort in knowing that you made the last year and a half of his life the best. My dog is 13 and I dread that day, so your advice about taking it one day at a time is excellent advice
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Pom,
    I also just read about your loss. I am so sorry. I hope you are able to remember how much you made the last year and a half of Casey's life better. I am sure he is smiling at you right now.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Well, in comparison to many of the situations on this thread, my problem is trivial. But I do feel I need to vent and hope that maybe there is a lawyer out there who could offer some free legal counsel? okay, maybe not. But here goes...
    My husband and I got married about three and a half months ago. About a month before the wedding, we purchased a house and were going to close about a month after the wedding. When we returned from our honeymoon, I told my husband that I had a bad feeling about the situation (the sellers of the house had done a couple of things that were a little shady) and that I wanted to see the house again because women's intuition told me something was wrong. So we checked out the house to find the basement had been flooded. This is not something that was listed on their disclosure as being a common problem. (And no, we're not located anywhere near a common flooding area) But after doing some investigating around the house, we found that the gutter in back was not properly in place and may have caused it. We also found a few other problems. Well, we're not made of money and had already had big plans for some major projects we were going to do to fix up the house, but fixing the basement and the other recently discovered issues on top of everything else was too much. We just couldn't afford it. Our lawyer and realtor told us it was okay to back out - the closing was still two weeks away, that is our right, and the most we would lose would be our earnest money. So we did, but then the sellers threatened to sue us for over $300K worth of damages! It got pretty nasty there for a while, but then we thought things would be over when they sold the house just slightly over a month later for slightly more than what we were going to buy it for. We were wrong. They're still trying to sue us, but now for their lawyer fees, the cost of water, taxes, lawncare, electricity, etc. that incurred during the time we should have closed and until it did close with the new owner. We think this is ridiculous that someone can even do this (after all, people back out of buying houses every day - some for no reason), but it's even more difficult since this is all we've been dealing with since we've been married. We're living in my condo right now, and I feel bad for my husband because it's so small that he has not been able to move in any of his own belongings besides his clothes - so it doesn't feel like 'our' home. Our lawyer has recommended that we don't continue to look at houses until this whole thing has blown over. That could take years! So basically our lives have been put on hold. We haven't really had too many meetings with our lawyer about our concerns because we are trying to keep our lawyer fees to an amount we can actually afford. It's just so frustrating.

Sorry for the long post, but believe it or not, that's the short version.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Ok, Sorry for the late reply, but I just started visiting this thread and thought I would go back and read the whole thing.

CharlieBug, I feel for you. Buying a house is stressful enough without any of the problems you are going through. It is absolutely ridiculous that these people are putting you through this, especially since they sold the house for more than you were going to pay for it. I can't believe that something like this could be legal. I know you are trying to keep your lawyer fees down, but you need to have a conference with your attorney and see what you can do. I hope everything works out for you and your hubby soon so you could start living like the married in-love couple you are.
    Last edited by Amanda; 10-05-2004 at 04:21 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread