+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

MRD
    2 years ago I was in a what I thought was minor car accident. My neck has been bothering me since and I've been in physical therapy, etc. for it.
    Had another MRI last week and the dr. conclusion is that I have protruding discs in 3 places and some other probs and that this is about as good as its ever going to get as far as my neck is concerned. He even said I may want to consider surgery down the road.

UGH, first was hearing aids last week adn now this. I am falling apart. I can't see, can't hear and have a pain in my neck. And I have a horrible cold.
    Just send me to the home now. I can make crafts and play cards with the other residents and live out my days.

The accident was a hit and run and my daughter, God bless her got the license plate and the police tracked down the driver who admitted that he did hit me, but "didn't think it was that bad, so didn't stop". He was charged and the police report has him admitting the accident. I wasn't going to get a lawyer as I don't believe in frivilous lawsuits, but my dr. after seeing my xrays said I should consider it because I could have permanent damage and now two years later, he's confirmed it. So we do have a lawyer and we have filed a suit, but most of its going to pay medical bills that have accrued since the accident. I guess that's a good thing that I don't have to pay all of these out of pocket as my ins. only goes so far.

Anyway, just venting a bit. I knew my neck was not right as I can hear it "pop" when I turn my head and it hurts like crazy a lot. I guess I don't take "permanent damage" news real well.
    And i am very blessed as I know many people much worse off that i am or ever will be, so I should be counting my blessing and that is exactly what I am off to do now. No more pity party.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Goodness gracious MyRosieDog - I'm sorry to hear how crazy things have been for you lately. I do commend your spririt throughout everything - you definitely are one of the strongest people I've had the pleasure of 'knowing' in my life...

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Goodness gracious MyRosieDog - I'm sorry to hear how crazy things have been for you lately. I do commend your spririt throughout everything - you definitely are one of the strongest people I've had the pleasure of 'knowing' in my life...

Thank you Mellon. I am touched. I've had a lot of trials and tribulations in life, but I've had a lot of fun and laughs too and I think the fun and laughs balance out the other. And if you aren't laughing, then you're

But its taken me years to get to this point where things don't get to me like they once did. I used to be a very weak person and very dependent. But I have a lot of loving support and I've just decided that no matter what, you have to keep on keeping on. I may get down, but I get back up.

Like my best friend always says: It's ok to have a pity party, just don't let it be a long one and try not to invite too many people to it.

But thanks. sometimes I just need to vent and once I pour it out, then I feel better and I'm glad you guys will let me vent here because it sure saves my hubby. (He's thankful too! )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Always feel free to vent - it's what keeps us all sane.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

I CANNOT get a job!! I don't know what the heck is wrong. I've got over 10 years experience in my field. I was at one job for 10 years and my department was eliminated due to a merger. The job I got after that I got within 2 weeks. I left that job because it wasn't challenging and now I can't get a job to save myself!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    It's always easier to get a job when you already have one. If you have one the local unemployment office (here it's called workforce development) might be able to help.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    My puppy's lost We were getting ready to leave, and instead of jumping into the car like usual, he ran off. He explores a lot, but he's been gone for hours!!! We checked with the city dog people, but nothing! I'm worried, because even though he has his faults, he's only an innocent little dog.

And I hope everyone's troubles get resolved soon
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I CANNOT get a job!! I don't know what the heck is wrong. I've got over 10 years experience in my field. I was at one job for 10 years and my department was eliminated due to a merger. The job I got after that I got within 2 weeks. I left that job because it wasn't challenging and now I can't get a job to save myself!
    And I can't hire anyone who will stick around. It isn't a hard job, it just takes a couple of months to key fast enough to make good money. Most people don't have the patience. Too bad you aren't in SLC, Karna.

My troubles today pale to the others, but I want to whine. It has been warm then yesterday we got hit with a heavy snow storm and real cold air. I'm cold and can't get warm. waaaaahhhhhh. (yes, I would love some cheese with my whine )

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    My puppy's lost We were getting ready to leave, and instead of jumping into the car like usual, he ran off. He explores a lot, but he's been gone for hours!!! We checked with the city dog people, but nothing! I'm worried, because even though he has his faults, he's only an innocent little dog.

And I hope everyone's troubles get resolved soon
    I hope you find your dog soon, you must be going crazy. But be sure to actually go to the dog pound and inspect the dogs yourself. My SIL recently lost her dog and she called the pound every day, described him in detail, and they kept telling her no they don't have him. Turns out they DID have him and his time would have been up soon before they put him down if nobody claimed him. Luckily she got him back but they clearly didn't feed or water him that well because he was severely dehydrated and she found out they had him for a few days. She was beyond irrate and gave them a piece of her mind but they don't care.

But don't give up hope and check each shelter out personally. Hopefully someone will see your notice in the paper and call you with good news.

A 9th grade boy in our school district was hit by a car, while riding his bike down the middle of a busy road at 6:20 in the morning (in the dark). He had a SEVERE head injury, and his family had him removed from life support. He passed away on Wednesday afternoon. The family is quite poor, and are struggling with how to pay for the funeral expenses, and hospital bills. The kids at school learned of the tragedy yesterday, and immediately began taking donations. Many, many kids gave their lunch money, and by the end of the day, they had collected more than $500 to give this family. Last night at our basketball game, we had a 50/50 raffle with proceeds going to the family. The winner of the raffle donated his prize money as well.
    The kids were asking if they could organize a fundraiser of some sort to donate all the proceeds to this family. We will meet soon to come up with a plan. In the meantime, tonight was suppose to be a talent show at the high school. The person in charge announced that the first $500 raised would go to this family. However, we were hit with a major winter storm, so, that event is canceled as there is no school today.

Also, the person who's car hit the boy, was a very elderly man. He is quite grief stricken as well, and from what I have been told, did not see the young boy on the bike, in the dark. His car insurance should pay for much of the expense related to this tragedy, but apparently, it is a very long process to get the expenses covered.
    My heart goes out to all those touched by this horrible event.

+ Reply to Thread