+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

KimFan101: Go back several posts, to the one I wrote that mentioned the ANGER CLINIC. There is a link to their site and they do counseling over the phone. Whomever is paying for your counseling previously should be able to switch over to paying for this clinic. They are INCREDIBLE with dealing with ALL anger issues.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

KimFan101, I have been reading your posts, and I want to first say that I am very sorry for all that you are currently going through. It is tough being a teenager, and when you throw a lot of the other things that you are having to deal with into the mix, it gets a lot tougher. I am sorry, too, that you don't feel like you have a good support system around you that can help you get the help that you know you need.

However, the best advice that I can give you is to not give in to a "victim mentality" or to let yourself feel "trapped," because when we allow ourselves to feel trapped, we begin to feel hopeless and helpless, and that mindset is not going to help you in the long run. I would encourage you, instead, to begin to seek out and examine what some very real options are for you - and several FoRTers have given some very helpful suggestions - because when you acknowledge that there really are options available to you, then you have empowered yourself to make changes. And, by acknowledging that there are options, you can change hopelesness into hopefulness, and that is a huge first step.

Please know that I am not sitting here trying to play Ms. Sunshine and say that if you just put a smile on your face then all of your problems will go away . . . no, I understand first-hand a lot of the emotions that you have expressed - the depression, anger, etc., so I'm not trying to sugarcoat anything you have said. But likewise, I cannot sugarcoat the truth that only YOU can decide to either give in to the hopelessness that you feel, or to find a way to make a positive change.

And how do you do that? One baby step at a time. If you look at the BIG picture of everything that is wrong right now, I'm sure it would appear very overwhelming and impossible to tackle. So instead, break it down into small baby steps . . . find a way to get to counseling, connect with just one person who can be an encouragement and support to you, etc. If you try to find a solution to everything at once, then you will be discouraged, so just concentrate on taking one positive step at a time.

And, finally, don't ever give up! I know that it's hard for teenagers (and sometimes us adults!) to really grasp this concept, but what you are going through right now really isn't forever. The way you feel right now, this situation, your life circumstances that you are facing right now can - and will - get better! Don't allow discouragement and anger to dictate your feelings and emotions, instead, take action - any type of action - that will put you back in control of your present, and your future!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Incredible advice, cherlsey and lovingly given. ~Lambi~

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    KimFan101- You sound like me as a teen. The only differance is that I was/am not a lesbian but everyone thought I was so I got the shame for it anyway. The only thing you can really do is pick yourself up by your bootstraps and get over all the junk that's getting in your way. Try to channel that anger into non-chalance. Stop caring what others think. They are not going to live your life for you. Do what makes YOU happy. Also try meditation. It opens up alot of doors. If you are interesed tin the paranormal/phsichic stuff check out WICCA. It might give you a positive outlet for your energy. Good luck and if you want pm me. Sometimes it just helps to have an ear.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Nothing huge but annoying none the less. I am sick as a dog and my machine that cuts the lettering screwed up so now I have to re-cut a bunch of signs. I am not having a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    Nothing huge but annoying none the less. I am sick as a dog and my machine that cuts the lettering screwed up so now I have to re-cut a bunch of signs. I am not having a good day.
    Ugh! Sick, and at work to boot?! I admire your strength in just getting out of bed! myrosiedog is sick, too, and I gave her a recipe for chest colds in the FLU/FEVER thread. You might want to try that, once you make it home and slip into your jammies. Too bad I can't PM you a cup right now! Hope you get better, soon, JAFO!

Thanks Lambi. I had no clue there even was a colds/flu thread...headed there now.

I came home from work early...I too have a horrendous head cold. I feel like crap. DH said he would make some homemade chicken soup when he gets home. That stuff is like medicine - only tastey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    I came home from work early...I too have a horrendous head cold. I feel like crap. DH said he would make some homemade chicken soup when he gets home. That stuff is like medicine - only tastey!!
    I know it's this weather. Feel better soon.

AnaBanana I hope you get over your cold and you feel better soon. It sucks being sick. I'm finally over mine, more or less.

JafosPrincess You too! Take care or you may get worse. Get out the cold meds and get some good sleep.

I'm troubled today as my little Miss Gracie kitty got very sick Sunday night. My vet was closed on Mon. so I got her into another clinic. We had a second appt. this morning. She's got a bladder infection, a stress-related problem or kidney stones. We're not sure which or what combination. She's been in a bit of distress from not being able to pee very well. But I'm so proud of her. She'd never been in a carrier, in the car or to the vet since she'd been fixed 7 years ago. And she had to have her temperature taken, in the BAD way, as well. She did so well as a first-time patient. I have to PILL HER every day, so that will be a bit of a challenge. All you cat people KNOW what I'm talking about!

I'm also a little sad because my sweetie couldn't come to visit me as I've been so sick and didn't want him to catch my nasty cold. So he's at his house, in a different city, and I'm at mine. And we're missing each other as this would have been our First Valentines Day together. But I know we'll get together soon and do it up another time anyway. Just feelin' sorry for myself.

And lambikins Thanks for saying you'll be my valentine in his absence!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread